Finance officer – Wanlaweyn district, Somalia
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:22 Oct 2020
- Share job:
KAAH Relief & Development Organization Short Name: KAAH Relief Physical Address: Adan Ade Airport Road, Wadajir district, opposite UNICEF/WHO office, Mogadishu, Somalia Tel: +252615503333/+252699962373, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.kaahsomalia.org
Vacancy Announcement: 22nd October 2020
Position: Finance officer
Duration: 6 months
Location: Wanlaweyn district, Somalia
Directly reports to: Livelihood Manager
Application closing date: 1st November 2020
KAAH Relief and Development Organization abbreviated as KAAH is a National humanitarian organization working in Somalia since its establishment the year 2001. KAAH is a non-profit making organization to address and mitigate the effects of biting natural and man-made disasters and the socio-economic problems in Somalia. It is an initiative formed to resist prolonged insecurity and droughts in Somalia and the increased lack of humanitarian access and humanitarian services to victims in Somalia.
KAAH targets vulnerable beneficiaries both in urban and rural areas on life-saving activities through emergency response, recovery, livelihoods, and developmental activities. With regards to the absence of the socio-economic infrastructure and the systems of governance and institutions which led to the collapse of livelihoods and all the basic services of many communities. The organization also focuses on governance projects of peace building and development initiatives. KAAH since its inception and mutual partnerships with global development and local partners has been able to implement humanitarian protection activities in collaboration with its stakeholders.
In partnership with Somali Humanitarian Fund, KAAH is implementing livelihood program, titled ‘Improve access to food among food-insecure households in Wanlaweyn of Lower Shabelle region’. The program aims to improve access to food among food-insecure households and the provision of appropriate livelihood seasonal inputs in Wanlawayn of Lower Shabelle region. Targeting the most vulnerable people that had recently displaced as a result of the flooding. With the aim of improving their access to food through unconditional and protecting and restoring the livelihoods related to food and income sources through conditional Cash transfers.
Overall Job Purpose
The Finance officer will support the program in terms of accounting and financing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and report on the financial flow (cash forecast) required in the office
- Send the cash flow needs cashbook & cashbox and reconciliation on a monthly basis to Mogadishu.
- Ensure proper documentation for all payments, efficient reporting of the balances and on-going debts to the Mogadishu office.
- Responsible for the monthly accounting cash books according to KAAH standard through Excel/SAGA.
- Send on a monthly basis the documentation in order to the capital office with the cashier’s help. · Responsible for cross-checking allocations as per signed purchase orders; reallocations whenever approved;
- Submit administrative and financial inputs to the Project Manager/Officer for the weekly meeting.
- Supervise and support the cashier on the accounting and cash management · Follow-up the implementation of KAAH HR procedures at the base level and ensure that memo is well communicated to all employees of the bases.
- Ensure that all contracts are signed by new employee and all documentation is sent to the Mogadishu offices.
- Ensure valid contracts of staff at the base level are kept up to date · Maintain a control and check system of the attendance all staff at the base level and ensure updated Leave Follow Up and the attendance sheets are sent to the Mogadishu office.
- Ensure to send the entire leave request forms for the staff at base level to Mogadishu HR office.
- Organize staff induction, management of appraisals with the line managers at the base level. · Control and supervise the filing of staff personal folders.
- Any other duty that is in line with the position.
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things.
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks.
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools and utilizes these regularly in work assignments.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity.
- Facilitating teamwork and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively.
- Managing conflict, Informed and transparent decision making.
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Logistics, Business Administration, Human Resource or a related field.
- A minimum of three years’ relevant experience, preferably in a similar position in an NGO.
- Deep and clear understanding of humanitarian principles and activities.
- Sound understanding/experience in financial processing and management.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
- High level of integrity and honesty.
- Fluency in Somali and English language is a must
- The post is open to only Somali Nationals
- Female applicants are encouraged
Interested applicants are requested to submit their detailed CV and cover letter through the following email addresses: ‘email@example.com’ copying ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’. With the subject line indicating ‘Application for the Finance Officer Position’, on or before 1st November 2020.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1653 total views, 1 today