Food Field Monitor – Ceelafweyne, Somaliland
- Job category: Monitoring & Evaluation
- Post date:13 Nov 2021
- Share job:
|Head-Quarter: Hargeisa –Somaliland. Address: Road Number 1, Badda Cas Village, Behind State House.|
|Organization||Taakulo Somali Community|
|Position||Food Field Monitor|
|Project name||Relief Project “Emergency drought Response”|
|Reporting to||Project Manager|
|Period||3 months with the possibility of Extension +1 year.|
|Document code||TAAKULO -0469|
|Project scope||Sanaag region|
|Target districts||Ceelafweyne District|
Taakulo Somaliland Community is Commonly known by the acronym “TAAKULO”. TAAKULO is a multifaceted non-governmental, non-profit making, non-political and non-partisan development and humanitarian aid organization established in 2007 and headquartered in Hargeisa, Somaliland. Taakulo is a Somali word meaning “helping/aiding”. TAAKULO is dedicated to helping the disadvantaged people and communities throughout Somaliland by engaging in the development and related activities and also providing relief support and assistance, facilitating and promoting participatory local community activities and programs that emphasize human dignity and self-reliance.
Taakulo has been working humanitarian emergency response and development since 2007, Taakulo has experienced emergency response for the natural disaster-affected communities throughout the country, Taakulo has been responding to the drought-affected areas in Sool, Sanaag and Tog-dheer regions since December 2016 for more than 69 Villages under three regions providing unconditional food, Cash and Voucher assistance.
To expand the operations in the three regions; current Taakulo implementing Desert locust response and relief project in Caynabo and Ceelafweyne district, Taakulo hires Food Monitor which will responsible to oversee, manage, registering the target beneficiaries, The Food Monitor will operate as part of the Food team and will assist the relief project team leader of support services in providing and maintaining a safe, accountable and transparent service to the target beneficiaries.
- Top up redemption and food distribution participation in the field when the mission begins.
- Ensure no damaged or expired commodities are distributed to beneficiaries.
- To observe and report commodity movement including received and distributed commodities at the Final distribution point.
- To record the remaining balance of food commodities.
- Ensure adherence to the commodity management standard including the absent household also HHs with card issues and identify their exactly household scope document number.
- Updating the list of top-ups during the office top up when the remote mission concluded and adding to report the P.O on that daily basis together and jointly.
- Ensure all relevant documentation of commodity movement and distribution are properly maintained.
- Ensure that procurement development and distribution of material and equipment are timely and according to procedures.
- To do the data entry of the update of the beneficiary list include the current registered token number and telephone on each village to get their data in soft on the next round of December distribution.
- Report any theft, fraud, corruption or mismanagement that you observe in the field.
- Report on any incidences touching on security at the distribution centers.
- To ensure the proper documentation of reconstituted commodities.
- To ensure beneficiaries are treated with respect and dignity.
- To the implementation of food security and livelihood project/interventions.
- Ensure project activities and outputs are implemented promptly.
- To register beneficiary through biometric way and use scope
- Maintain use of scope through food redemption.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- At least a Bachelor degree in Social Science or a field relevant to this assignment.
- Excellent understanding of the Project Cycle Management.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Proven facilitation, analytical and report writing skills;
- Proven interpersonal and diplomatic skills; and
- Proven conflict sensitivity and understanding of Humanitarian programming.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in project management;
- Proven experience in Project Management,
- Experience in setting up M&E systems preferred but not essential;
- Demonstrated experience with Food security and livelihood projects;
- Relevant work is required and would be an added advantage and
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach teams.
- Proven experience in fieldwork and community targeting.
Interested candidates should send their applications (cover letter and CV) to Taakulo Somali Community (TAAKULO) through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. with the Subject: Food Field Monitor_ Ceelafweyne_TAAKULO -0469. All applications must be received latest by 25th November 2021 by 16:00 East African standard Time.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1486 total views, 1 today