Food Security and Livelihood Field Officer – Odweine
- Job category: Food & Beverage Affairs
- Post date:6 Feb 2020
- Job expires in: 5 days
- Share job:
AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION (ADO)
Head Office – Hargeisa, Somaliland
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Vacant Position: Food Security and Livelihood Field Officer
Advertised Date: February 06, 2020
Closing date of submission: 20/2/2020
No of positions: (1)
Duty station: Odweine Office
The Agricultural Development Organization (ADO) is a leading local non-governmental organization engaged in the development of the communities in Somaliland with particular focus on strengthening sustainable pastoral and agro-pastoral economy. For the past two decades ADO has carved a niche as a professional development agency and made remarkable strides in advancing food security and livelihoods of the targeted communities in Somaliland.
ADO is seeking highly skilled food security and livelihood field officer for Sustainable Agricultural Initiative For Vulnerable Stallholder Farmers Project in Somaliland. The overall objective of project is to contribute towards the attainment of enhanced food security levels and wellbeing of target communities in Somaliland preventing further asset depletion and food shortages. Under the line management of and overall guidance of climate change, food security livelihoods program manager, the job holder will ensure the effective and efficient implementation activities directly related with improved crop production and water management, climate change, IGA, community seed system improvement and capacity building for community under intervention which are successfully implemented according to approved donor and government agreements.
Purpose of the position:
Under the direction of the line Project Manager, the Field Officer will be responsible for field level implementation, coordination and facilitation of the project activities in Odweine and Beer districts in Somaliland.
- Project Implementation
- Coordinate implementation of the Food security and Livelihood project activities in accordance with ADO strategyand plans
- Ensure adherence to ADO policies and donor requirements
- Be involved in community mobilization, targeting and monitor movement and distribution of agriculture inputs, construction of agriculture infrastructure and grants to women groups
- In consultation with Food Security project manager and other project staffs organize and draw project filed work plans on monthly bases.
- Work with the Agro pastoralist Communities to explore indigenous Technical experiences and develop cropping calendars and farm Plans.
- Facilitate adoption of Dry land agriculture innovations such as Sustainable rain fed dry land farming, improved spate irrigation methods in potential agriculture areas, conservation agriculture, natural resource Conservation, Holistic Rangeland Management, Sustainable Income Generation alternatives, livestock Management etc.
- To ensure the proper implementation of the project according to the Operational and M&E Plans.
- Work closely with the government partners, communities and other organizations in the project sites. promote climate change adaptation related activities and monitoring in the operational areas
- To represent ADO in cluster forums and meetings taking place in the project sites.
- Effective Resource Management
- Prepare up cash request to facilitate field activities, budgets including monthly cash projections and properly keep records of field expenditures
- Ensure value for money in regards to all transaction involving project resources
- Ensure that due diligence is followed in distribution of Agricultural support to the community members
- Effective Monitoring and Evaluation
- Conduct surveys, assessments to continually identify agricultural gaps and needs in the district generally and project sites particularly.
- Conduct regular field visits and update the project manager with the progress of project activities in the field
- Prepare regular weekly, monthly, and comprehensive quarterprogressive reportsto project manager.
- Participate in project monitoring and evaluation exercises in effective involvement of community and target beneficiaries.
- To conduct regular meetings with project beneficiaries and communities to discuss and follow up for transformation of crop production by target farmers and adaptation of good agronomy practices.
- To assist the project manager in the identification of new areas of intervention adding value of planned project activities.
- Capacity building
- Identify training needs of farmer communities and make recommendations to project manager
- Create awareness to the communities and direct farmer beneficiaries of the operational procedures of ADO with the aim of ensuring that the beneficiaries are optimally transformed while upholding the ADO and donors requirements.
- Ensure that the community structures such as DRR committees, formed through the project understand and perform their roles
- Facilitate agricultural trainings to the farmers
- Ensure effective collaboration with district agriculture officer and share activity plans on quarter bases.
- Assist farmers share information, practices improved food production innovations in participatory manner
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills
- Must adhere to set security standards
- Ensure a gender perspective in the scope of work
- Be a team player
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Educational level required: must hold B.SC in Agricultural extension, Crop production, Agribusiness, Rural Development, and related fields.
- Technical Training qualifications required: agriculture Extension/Animal Production/ Farm Management/Sustainable Agriculture/ Environmental Science, Dry land Farming or other related field is added value
- Experience: Minimum 4 years; proven experience including on sustainable agriculture, resilience building, Participatory community development/ community empowerment and multi sectorial grassroots integrated development work
- Prior experience in a supervisory position, with good understanding on principles of extension Proven problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience working with agro-pastoralist community on development matters, advocacy and governance, Gender mainstreaming, children rights & community mobilization skills.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Field based-Odweine district with periodic travel to the head office.
- 75% Domestic and field sites supervision travel is required.
How to apply
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application included your CV cover letter and at least three referees clearly indicating Subject Line “FIELD OFFICER”. Copy of academic degree and recommendation letters from former institutions is highly require. You can submit your application following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org hard copy or printed CVs will NOT accepted. NO later 20 February 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ADO is equal opportunity
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2390 total views, 43 today