Food Security Project Coordinator – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:7 Sep 2021
- Share job:
|Job Title: :||Food Security Project Coordinator (1 Position)|
|Duty Station:||Mogadishu, Somalia|
|Job type||Full Time|
|Closing date||15th September 2021|
|Employment period||One year with the possibility of extension.|
The food security project coordinator will oversee and coordinate the implementation of food security project implemented by WARDI with funding support from Caritas Germany in Afgoye and Mataban districts. The coordinator will be required to play leading role in the setup of the project including staff recruitment and training, beneficiary selection and engagement of community and government representatives. He/she is required to prepare project reports and conduct project monitoring and periodic visits to the villages where the project is implemented. He/she will also represent WARDI in technical coordination meetings and ensure integration and synergy is created with other interventions implemented by WARDI and other organizations. Thefood security coordinator will functionally report to the programs director and closely collaborate with other managers leading key sectors in WARDI.
- Program management and implementation
- Represent WARDI in coordination of the food security project in the target locations including liasing working closely with donors,UN agencies,government and NGOs working in the same locations.
- Provide technical support in the set up and sunsequent implementation of the project ensuring cluster guidelines and other relevant standards are met.
- Support in the recruitment and onboarding of project staff inclusing WASH officers,agricultural extension officers and IYCF officers.
- Provide technical support in the identification of project beneficairies and setting up of project management committees ensuring gender equity and inclusion of minorities and persons with disabilities.
- Identify service delivery gaps in the region and initiate ideas and strategies to address them in close collaboration with other WARDI sector leads.
- Collaborate with other technical departments(health and nutrition,WASH,livelihood,education and protection) and support departmenst(procurement,HR,finance).
- Support in the prepare project updates and reports regularly as scheduled in the project contract.Review and validate reports of the project shared with him by the project manager.
- Provide technical support in preparetion of budget projections and reporting of expenses ensuring expenses do not exceed budgeted amounts.
- Collaborate with the project procurement focal person in developing plans and ensuring procurement is done on time and as per the internal and donor gudielines.
- Program Design
- Collaborate with other sector leads to ensure food security and livelihood projects are intgerated with other programs implemented by WARDI and are aligned to the national and state government of Hirshabelle and South west priorities.
- Ensure project activities are designed and implemented taking into consideration gender equity and inclusion of persons with disabilities and minority clans.
- Work closely with relevant government department at state and federal level
- Program Monitoring and Reporting
- Plan and provide technical support in conduction joint supervision with relevant government officials to provide program support and quality control.
- Support in undertaking assessment,baseline and endline studies and Third party monitorings.
- Contribute to the development of donor reports and submit high quality reports on time.
- Representation and coordination
- Particpate in all project related coordination meeting including state and nation food security cluster meetings.
- Attend review and consultation meetings spearedheaded by Hirshabelle and south West state relevant ministries.
- Maintain communication and contact with the donor routinely updating them of project progress.
- Facilitate annual internal project review meetings to gauge progress agaisnt set targets,document lessons learned and challenges met in the implementation of the project.
- Identify staff capacity budilding needs and develop training plans.
- Provide capacity building for project staff.
Key External Contacts; Focal points in Hishabelle and South state agriculture ministries, Clusters and other humanitarian agencies (UN and NGO).
Required qualifications and experiences
- Master degree in agronomy, veterinary, human nutrition, rural development, anthropology, geography, international development.
- Three years relevant work experience
- Atleast 4 years progressive experinece in managing humanitarian programs.
- Experience in understanding local agriculture and agricultural practices.
- Experince in project monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with state governmet officials and local community stracrures.
- Ability to work in fluid and everchanging situation and adopt approach accordingly.
- Fluent in English and Somali
- Excellent written-spoken communication skills.
- Experience in proposal development and donor reporting
- Ability to manage and work within a team.
How to Apply:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WARDI is an Equal opportunity employer; female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1703 total views, 2 today