(Freelance) Project Manager – Hirshabelle State, Somalia
- Work Remotely
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:21 Nov 2020
- Share job:
For our project “Supporting Community Peacebuilders and Government Officials to Promote Reconciliation in Hirshabelle State, Somalia”, we are looking for a (Freelance) Project Manager (m/f/div)
Deadline Date: Tuesday, 01 December 2020
Organization: Berghof Foundation
City: Jowhar (or alternatively Mogadishu or Beledweyne)
This 80% assignment will be based in Hirshabelle, Somalia starting December 2020.
This project seeks to support and empower local peacebuilders and Hirshabelle government officials in their efforts to address conflict and support reconciliation, while increasing communication and cooperation between actors for peace in Hirshabelle State.
Main tasks of the position include: Co-manage the overall implementation of the project in Hirshabelle State in close coordination with Berlin staff
- Liaise with the Hirshabelle government officials and partners, Somali stakeholders and international actors
- Assist in coordinating the work of the Hirshabelle Insider Peacebuilders Network
- Coordinate the meetings and overall communication between the Network and government officials
- Provide administrative support for activities of the programme (workshops, meetings, etc.)
- Coordinate closely with Berghof Foundation team members in Somalia
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as peace and conflict studies, political science, or international relations
- Relevant work experience in projects with peacebuilding actors and with a thematic focus on dialogue, mediation or reconciliation processes
- Excellent knowledge and regional experience in Somalia; contacts and experience with government actors in Hirshabelle State considered a plus
- Strong organisational, management and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in English and Somali are essential
- Good networker with the ability to engage with a range of stakeholders
- Strong ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Strong empathetic skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Curiosity, passion, and perseverance
This 80% assignment will be based in Jowhar (or alternatively Mogadishu or Beledweyne) for a period of 12 months (extendable), starting in December 2020.
Please submit your CV, a cover letter, the signed application template (Annex II), the signed quotation template (Annex III) as well as diplomas, certificates and references (letters or contact information) until 1.12.2020 via the following mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also find more details regarding the ToRs and the application template on our webpage on the tender page:
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1156 total views, 1 today