Gender Affairs Officer – Dhusamareb, Galmudug State of Somalia
- Job category: Gender Affairs
- Post date:1 Apr 2021
- Share job:
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT GALMUDUG STATE HOUSE
|Job Title:||Gender Affairs Officer|
|Department:||Office of the president|
|Ministry:||Galmudug State house|
|Reporting to:||Secretariat Director|
|Grade level :||6|
|Hours||36 per week|
The Gender Affairs Officer will be based in Dhuusamareeb as the Capital of the Galmudug State of Somalia and will support the day to day implementation of presidential activities. She will take part in developing policies which support national planning and strategic development initiatives for gender affairs.
This is a great opportunity for the right person to progress their career with the Civil Service and provide leadership in the state house and for the benefit of the people of Galmudug State Somalia (GSS).
The Gender unit officer is required to build a culture of professionalism, respect and integrity to ensure a positive working environment, acknowledging the responsibilities of the statehouse and supporting managers to make evidence-based decisions. He/She is expected to act truthfully, fairly and in the public interest in addition to creating and maintaining stakeholder confidence. .
· Coordinate all gender and Affirmative Action issues in the statehouse
- Responsible for monitoring and supervision of all State house activities related to gender.
- Work closely with the Galmudug Ministries on gender issues and establish strategic linkages with the stakeholders.
- Responsible for organizing of workshops, conferences and seminars on Gender and Affirmative Action
- Participate in Gender and Affirmative Action activities and programs and compile a reports
- Initiate and facilitate training on Gender and Affirmative Action activities or programs.
- Establish and oversee all Gender and Affirmative Action Working group.
- Advising the Director on matters relating of policies, plans and regulations necessary for promotion and development of Gender and Affirmative Action in Galmudug state
- Accepts and fulfills any additional assignments as deemed necessary by the state house authorities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Social Science, Economics, Business Administration, Public Admin, Development studies or related field.
· Experience in Gender planning, policy, research and/or evaluation in a gender affairs
- Have at least 2 years relevant professional experience in the Public Service
- Must be female candidate
- Strong understanding of Gender and Affirmative Action
- Sound knowledge international standards of management
· Good computer and writing skills.
- Fluency in both English and Somali Languages in writing and
· Good communication and interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills with proven experience of managing, developing strategic planning and motivating a diverse
· Demonstrable experience of effective internal and external communication skills and political sensitivity
- The ability to provide leadership, direction and motivation to the state house
· Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills, including the ability to effectively work with and support the members of a team and work collegiately in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders.
- High standards of ethical behavior and
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve complex issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Somali
HOW TO APPLY:
Please download Application Form:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill the form and send to email@example.com, kindly indicate the position title on the subject line when you applying.
Only Female Candidates can apply.
The selection process will begin as soon as possible after the closing date. Selected candidates will be invited to written Exam and an interview
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1197 total views, 1 today