DEADLINE EXTENDED: Gender and Accountability Advisor – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Gender Affairs
- Post date:7 Jul 2021
- Job expires in: 3 days
- Share job:
Gender and Accountability Advisor – Somalia (1 Position)
|Position Title:||Gender and Accountability Advisor|
|Reporting to:||Business Development Manager|
|Duty Station:||Mogadishu, Somalia|
|Position Status:||locally hired position|
|Area of Operation:||FCA Somalia operations|
|Employment period||Starting in September 2021 for one year, with possibility of extension|
FCA is a Finnish organization and rights-based actor with 70 years of experience and operations in 13 countries globally. FCA’s actions is guided by the international human rights standards and principles. FCA aims to break the circle of poverty and violence and emphasizes its work on three thematic areas: Rights to Peace (R2P), Rights to Quality Education (R2QE) and Rights to Livelihood (R2L).
In Somalia, FCA works to address the challenging context by strengthening good governance and reconciliation, increasing access to quality education for vulnerable children and promoting livelihoods for women and youth, contributing to sustainable growth, development and long-lasting peace in the country. Since 2016, FCA has implemented various Right to Peace (R2P) programmes from promoting inclusive local governance through district council formation (DCF) in accordance with the Wadajir National Framework for Local Governance to increasing women’s political participation and to promoting national reconciliation across Somalia.
Primary purpose of the position:
Under the direct guidance and supervision of the Business Development Manager and with the support of the Programme Manager and Senior Governance and Reconciliation Advisor, the Gender and Accountability Advisor will lead and provide technical competence on gender and accountability issues with a holistic approach to programme design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
This will involve building capacity and technical assistance to relevant ministries, local partners, civil society, community and other stakeholders; keeping abreast of new developments in the context of local governance and national reconciliation sectors; gathering and communicating lessons learned from experience; partnering with other colleagues, advisors, local partners and other stakeholders; and playing a strong advocacy role within and on behalf of FCA in regard to gender issues. Further, the Advisor will lead the integration of gender sensitive programme in accordance with global best practice, FCAs gender policy and donor requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Leading gender sensitive programme design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation with a special emphasis on local governance and reconciliation
- Develop methodologies and guidelines including for promoting effective mainstreaming of gender and youth across FCA country programme, with special focus on local governance and reconciliation thematic area
- Closely work with MEAL team, respective project managers and other advisors to track and monitor progress on gender and youth mainstreaming across country programme and relevant projects based on FCA strategy’s and specific projects’ result frameworks
- Provide effective technical inputs from gender perspectives including development of gender sensitive indicators and gender score cards in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of FCA country programme and relevant projects
- Represent FCA in key gender technical working groups and mechanisms to promote FCA visibility and programmatic work in relation to gender and youth inclusion particularly in the context of local governance and national reconciliation
Enchaining technical capacity and knowledge of FCA staff, partners and key beneficiaries on gender issues
- Lead development and implementation of trainings in gender mainstreaming techniques for effective delivery of FCA country programme and relevant project objectives
- Develop gender manuals for both FCA, Partners as well line ministries to mainstream all FCA activities across country.
- Build capacity of FCA staff on gender mainstreaming and youth inclusion in programme design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Work in close coordination with relevant line ministries at both federal and state levels, and other local authorities including district council members to ensure learning exchange, capacity building and their support for FCA programme.
- Participate DCF process at district level and monitor gender inclusion across all process.
- Support and oversee the capacity building of local partners, civil society, peace committees, local communities, and other key actors.
Contributing to the improvement of the quality and accountability framework in effective delivery of FCA Somalia Country Programme
- Act as Accountability focal point for the promotion and follow up on key quality and accountability framework across country programme including FCA’s commitment to Core Humanitarian Standard
- Contribute to provide technical inputs and assistance in the preparation of the Country Programme Annual Report, Country Programme Annual Plan and relevant project reports in relation to gender and youth inclusion in context of local governance and reconciliation
- Develop knowledge product to strengthen FCA’s capacity and learning on gender issues particularly in the context of local governance and reconciliation.
- Participate Local governance and reconciliation coordination meeting regularly.
Experience, competence and qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Gender Studies or a related field (development studies, International Relations, and social sciences) preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the gender programming; most preferably related to peace and state building.
- At least 5 years of experiences in providing capacity building and facilitating trainings in relation to gender and youth inclusion for government, civil society and community groups
- In-depth understanding of gender, age, and other socio-cultural factors in the context of local governance and reconciliation
- Proven rigor in analytical, conceptual and tool/ operational manual design skills relevant to gender and youth mainstreaming
- Proven capacity to lead in the collection, analysis, and utilization of information from a broad range of sources in order to ensure effective integration of gender and youth concerns
- Ability to facilitate, coordinate and advocate for gender equality programming across the programme.
- Knowledge of and experience in the design, management and implementation of local governance programming.
- Sensitivity to clan dynamics and understanding of the socio-economic and political situation in Somalia
- Strong communication and facilitating skills including the adaptation of message to audience in order to ensure maximum receptiveness and understanding.
The selected incumbent will be firstly provided with a probation period of 3 months. The compensation is based on FCA Compensation System and depends on prior work experience.
Please apply by using the link no later than on 31th July 2021. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis.
FCA practices zero tolerance against concerning aid diversion and illegal actions and may screen [contractor/external party name] (í.e. applicants, contracts, suppliers, consultants, etc.) against international lists to ensure due diligence and compliance with Anti-money laundering and Combating the Financing of terrorism requirements). FCA’s Code of Conduct and Child Safeguarding Policy apply to all FCA staff.
FCA practices zero tolerance against child abuse. FCA’s Child Safeguarding Policy applies to all FCA staff.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1971 total views, 1 today