Gender Youth Technical Transformation Advisor
- Job category: Advisor
- Post date:23 Nov 2021
- Job expires in: 6 days
- Share job:
Gender Youth Technical Transformation Advisor
– Internal and External Advert
Deadline for applications: 6th December, 2021
Start date: As soon as possible
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
Oxfam’s work in Somalia and Somaliland covers both humanitarian and development spheres, with most programming delivered in Hargeisa and eastern Somaliland, both directly and with partners. The humanitarian component focuses on delivery of water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), food security (particularly cash grants) and protection, in response to persistent, intense drought that has decimated livelihoods – primarily pastoralism, and caused mass displacement. The development component focuses on women and youth empowerment, economic inclusion, influence in decision-making and access to justice, primarily through three multi-year programmes.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Oxfam in Somalia and Somaliland is looking for competent Somali national female candidate to join our dynamic, innovative and committed team for the position of Gender & Youth technical Transformation Advisor –
Purpose of the position:
The Gender & Youth Empowerment Advisor (GYEA) will lead the implementation of the consortium’s Gender Strategy 2021-2025. The GYEA will lead the mainstreaming of gender programming, including assessment processes, awareness of women/youth frameworks and policy, design of interventions, training and technical backstopping in gender-sensitive approaches, and facilitation for advocacy empowerment forums mobilized through the program. The position holder will support member agencies, government and marginalized groups to identify barriers for women and youth to participate in civic and economic life. She/he will mobilize women and youth networks for advocacy, providing training, as well as coordinating joint action amongst civil society actors, private sector and government to catalyze changes of enabling conditions.
The position holder will lead in the development of gender-empowering training modules to integrate within the framework of individual and group capacity development efforts. She/he will lead the consortium in government and NGO coordination and policy development forums and processes. The GYEA will coordinate joint action amongst member agencies to promote integration, harmonization of technical approaches and efficient use of donor resources. She/he will support in proposal development process: draft and review technical content, as well as identify partnerships with government, academic and private sector and develop concepts and ways of working with these partners.
The position will require a range of skills and experience Including:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in development studies, economics, or other social sciences or related degree. A degree in agricultural science: livestock sector and/or natural resource management and climate adaptation in arid environments. A Master’s degree in a livelihoods or social enterprise is highly desirable.
- A minimum of five years of technical experience in a mid-level operational/technical/coordination support capacity working on food security and livelihood programming in the Horn of Africa; preferably with Somalia experience.
- At minimum of five years’ experience in an advisory role in an NGO or public interest organization.
- Experience of working in a consortium, cluster, coalition or partnership settings is highly desirable.
- Experience in project management required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong focus on innovation and learning, and proven ability to facilitate learning amongst a varied group of actors.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is critical; proficiency in Somali is desired.
- Strong proven experience and technical capacity in monitoring, evaluation and measuring of impact of livelihood and/or resilience programming in a urban or peri-urban setting.
How to apply
Please follow the links below to access the detailed Job Description and submit your application by 6th December, 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Follow the links below.
For Internal Candidates: Apply Here
External candidates: Apply Here
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1376 total views, 2 today