General Manager – Bosaso Airport
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:23 Feb 2020
- Share job:
Bosaso International Airport company LLC
Vacancy :General Manager
Location :Bosaso Airport
Looking for a General Manger to Lead, develop and drive the overall business plan of the International Airport . Direct all aspects of the day-to-day operations at the station/local business unit level to ensure efficiency and performance in accordance with the corporate objectives, strategy, and plans.
- Plans, organises and directs activities in airport operations, maintenance, airport safety, terminal and passenger services, to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Manage airport response to emergencies, i.e., respond to emergencies, coordinate emergency activities, and implement emergency plans, etc.
- Supports the development of and monitors performance against the department budget; manages and directs the development, implementation and evaluation of work programs, plans, processes, systems and procedures to achieve Airport goals, objectives and performance measures consistent with the Authority’s quality and customer-service expectations
- Inspect facilities, grounds, and equipment and ensure safe and efficient operations
- Lead, guide, evaluate, and develop a team with operational responsibilities to ensure that the organization achieves its business objectives and complies with all relevant regulations and laws
- Lead, oversee and approve all submissions to the commercial for new business or renewals ensuring that the commercial Request for Proposal process is followed.
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with all key stakeholders (customer airline’s management, airport management, customs, immigration etc.) to meet business targets.
- Ensure the effective use of all systems used to facilitate Training, Fleet, Operations, Safety, Human Resources and Finance, and engaging the respective Head of each division to help bring the gap with non-compliance.
- Lead, guide, evaluate, and develop a team with operational responsibilities to ensure that the organization achieves its business objectives and complies with all relevant regulations and laws.
- Monitor and track quality standards of the ground handling operation and ensure continuous improvements in workflows and services to maintain competitiveness
- Manages and responsible for the P&L
- Responsible for the budgeted bottom line
JOB CRITICAL COMPETENCIES/Key Skills
- Principles and practices of management necessary to plan, organise, implement, analyse and evaluate the activities of an international airport.
- Understanding and appreciation of principles of HR administration management.
- Familiarity with methods and techniques involved in conducting analytical studies of administrative and management practises, methods and procedures.
- Solid analytical skills
- Excellent business and financial acumen required
- Understanding Mauritanian and Local Laws codes and regulations governing airport operations, air transportation, airport security and safety and air carrier operations.
- Familiar with principles and practises of airport planning and operations
- Ability to manage direct coordinate the work of managerial and professional staff under his charge.
- Ability to recommend policies, identify needs and establish priorities and plans for airport operations.
- Ability to organise, manage and evaluate the operations of an international airport.
- Ability to communicate at all levels in a convincing, clear and concise manner both orally and in writing and to deal effectively with staff, public, agencies and customers in a confident but courteous manner.
- Understanding of the need to delegate responsibility and prioritise work.
- MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE / TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or higher in aviation management, transport, business or public administration or a field relevant to the intent of the role.
- Seven to ten years of experience in airport management at a commercial airport involving airport operations, maintenance, safety and security.
- Three years’ experience of planning, programme development, budget preparation and administration and contract management
Interested applicants should send their applications and CV with 2 referrals to: email@example.com before 20thMarch 2020. Any application sent after this date will not be reviewed. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
Kindly mention the position applied for in the subject field of the mail.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2591 total views, 1 today