Geographical Information Officer – UNSOS – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: ICT/Technology/Computers
- Post date:17 Feb 2021
- Share job:
Geographical Information officer
28 February 2021
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Under the direct supervision of Information Management Unit the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Oversee records accessioning operations by supervising and guiding staff in receiving transfers; ensure the application of retention schedules and the establishment of links to previous accessions.
- Establish procedures to ensure enough information (metadata) is captured, and to manage the Mission’s records and archives.
- Manage the access to digital systems containing documents, data, or other information formats in order to protect sensitive information
- Operationalize document and data standards and promote them within the mission
- Support the quality of documents and data by enforcing standards throughout a network of Information Management focal points.
- Manage records disposals by coordinating with relevant staff concerning offsite storage; ensure the proper preparation of background information for the review of archivists; implement approved retention schedules; supervise the staging of records for disposal, ensuring incineration and/or shredding is available for confidential records.
- Provide work direction and guidance to junior Information Management Assistants and/or contractual staff by managing and coordinating their work.
- Prepare work output and progress reports on the work of the Unit for the supervisor and senior management
- Provide relevant technical support to users of information services.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Bachelor Degree in Information Management Systems and ICT
At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of information, archives and records management work or related area. Experience in coordinating and implementing Information Management related tasks is desirable. Experience providing services related to Information Management to or in a field operation of the United Nations Common System or a comparable international organization is desirable.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Other information and telecommunications technology experience
Experience in the field of information management, Electronic Document Management System, archives, or records management.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply
Application deadline: 28 February 2021
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1026 total views, 6 today