Grant/Program Support – Nairobi, Kenya
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:26 Jul 2020
- Job expires in: 5 days
- Share job:
|Helping people around the world take back control of their lives||www.ARCrelief.org|
|POSITION TITLE: Grant/Program Support||DATE: July 26, 2020|
|COUNTRY PROGRAM: Somalia||Duty Station: Nairobi|
|RESPONSIBLE TO: Grant Coordinator/Program Director|
|STATUS: Full Time|
|SUPERVISORY CAPACITY: None|
DEPARTMENT/COUNTRY PROGRAM DESCRIPTION/MISSION
The overall objective of the American Refugee Committee (ARC) in Somalia program is to prevent death and alleviate human suffering among affected internally displaced persons (IDPs) in settlements and host communities where we work. ARC has embarked on WASH, Health, Protection, shelter and livelihood activities in lower juba region of Somalia and health and WASH programme in both Banadir and Sool region of Somaliland expand to other parts of the Country. ARC is taking a multi-sectoral approach in responding to the severe drought conditions through a range of activities including Health, Relief Commodities and WASH.
The Somalia Program of the American Refugee Committee (ARC) has fully-fledged offices in Mogadishu, Kismayo, Dhobley, Afmadow, Hargeisa and Laas Canood in Somaliland besides a liaison office in Nairobi, Kenya. ARC is working closely with national and regional authorities and with a number of Somalia-based international and national organizations to galvanize coordinated lifesaving humanitarian assistance to the people in need.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Grant/Program Support will contribute to overall grants management at ARC Somalia. The position will support work across all programs (WASH, Nutrition, Protection, Education and Livelihood)
This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya with occasional trips to field offices, if needed. The Grant/Program Support will work collaboratively with all of the area managers, the technical coordinators, operations team, and the finance team.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Organizing and maintaining grant documentation, including grantee reports and correspondence;
- Assisting with award data quality control and following up on corrections as needed;
- Review secondary literature on relevant subjects relating to proposed projects and programs. Based on data analysis, identify data, information and analysis gaps. This should include reviewing and compiling relevant research, evidence from prior similar interventions, best
practices and lessons learned. As required, help conduct field visits in target areas to carry out assessments relevant to existing and proposed projects and programs and based on the relevant strategic and program key performance indicators.
- Compile edit and proofread draft and final proposals, and other partnerships and stakeholders’ documents.
- Update the Grant table and proposal Tracker
- Tracking grantee evaluation, monitoring, and reporting compliance;
- Reviewing and preparing post-award management documentation in support of the Grants Coordinator
- Monitoring, tracking, and processing programmatic close-out actions;
- Maintaining activity calendars and team schedules;
- Organizing regular team meetings or calls, sending out reminders, and/or developing agendas;
- Attending meetings and events on behalf of the team in a note-taking or administrative support capacity; and
- Fulfilling additional administrative functions, as assigned.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Post -graduate degree in BA or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years of relevant hands on experience in working Programme in areas of emergency response.
- Excellent verbal and written command of the English Language;
- Ability to conceptualize, write and edit letters and proposals;
- Ability to work independently and on a team, with strict deadlines;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, email and internet applications;
- Knowledge of the role of NGOs and approaches to aid and development
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES
- Excellent coordination and communication skills
- Should have good documentation and dissemination / presentation skills
- Should be able to live, work and travel in an insecure environment, following strict security guidelines at all times.
- Proven capacity to work in a quickly moving, unstable situation and work against targeted outputs with tight time frames and deadlines
Application letter and copies of relevant academic and technical qualifications should be sent to: SMJobs@arcrelief.org not later than 10th August 2020.
NB: Please state on the Subject line of the e-mail: Grant/Program Support
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1313 total views, 1 today