GRAPHIC DESIGNERIN – MOGADISHU
- Job category: ICT/Technology/Computers
- Post date:6 Feb 2020
- Share job:
TERMS OF REFERENCE (ToR) GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Project Title: GRAPHIC DESIGNERIN MOGADISHU
Funded: Al Thani
Project location: Mogadishu
Deadline for submission: 19thFeb-2019.
Date: Feb, 2020
For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children’s lives in more than 120 countries. Save the Children has worked in Somalia since 1951. Our vision is that every child in Somalia attains the right to survival, protection,development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way children are treated in Somalia to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children aims to establish strong partnership with its donors by meeting their specific visibility and communication requirements through better designs and quality products. Also to contribute to Save th Children’s effort to have better quality designs for all its visibility and communication materials.
The graphic designer is expected to deliver quality designs for various Save the Childrenprograms in Somalia in line with Save the Children’s and donors branding guidelines and within specified deadlines.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all publications, reports and products are produced in line with Save the Children’s and donors requirements/branding guidelines;
- Implement the graphic guidelines in all Save the Children’s communication products;
- Deliver creative and innovative ideas for print, electronic, web-based,design and layout of reports and other products;
- Design of reports and other communication materials for printing and electronic distribution;
- Improve and edit art work, photos, charts and other graphic elements;
- Layout and design information and communication materials (t-shirts, banners, posters, booklets, leaflets, books, bulletins, flyers, cards)
- Create different illustrative materials such as animation, presentations
- Custom photo editing
- Implement Save the Children’s and donors branding guideline
Detailed specifications for each individual assignment will be given to the selected designer and when the designer’s service is requested.
Qualification and Experience
The successful entity is required to meet the following criteria:
- Strong theoretical and practical background in graphic design, including the use of design software’s
- Show a clear and mature style of design, demonstrating an understanding of the communication requirements of different INGO’s.
- Proven experience of graphic production from start to published/printed product with knowledge of printing processes and colour management;
- Good understanding of new and evolving technologies and digital platforms;
- Knowledge of standard software packages
- Working experience in development or humanitarian environment is desirable
Terms and conditions of payment
Design services will be delivered on a call basis or whenever the need arises and paid upon successful completion of the assignment (as certified by the requesting program/departments). The actual costs of services will be paid by the program/department requesting these services.
Reporting/ Lead persons
The consultant will directly report to the Advocacy, Campaigns, Communication and Media Coordinator with support from the Communications and Media manager and Head of Advocacy, Campaigns, Communication and Media.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- A technical proposal: Letter of Interest, stating why you consider yourself/your firm suitable for the assignment
- Firm/company or individual profile on handling related assignment
- Personal CVs for individual consultant highlighting qualifications and experience
- Contact details of referees which shall be organizations for whom you have produced content/designor documentaries
- Financial proposal indicating consultancy fee and a breakdown of expenses (unit pricetogether with any other expenses) related to the assignment.
- Both technical and financial proposal shall not exceed five pages
Only shortlisted applications will be contacted. Please send your applications with the subject line of the email;‘GRAPHIC DESIGNER: to CSS.LOGISTICS@savethechildren.org NOT later than 19thFeb- 2020.
Applications not meeting the above criteria shall not be accepted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
883 total views, 1 today