Harhub Manager- Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:3 Sep 2020
- Share job:
Terms of Reference for Hub Manger
- Job Description
Founded in late 2018 and a spin-off Shaqodoon, HarHub was established to support early-stage startup to grow and expand through the provision of unique services. The Hub is the first purposely built innovation hubs that have positioned itself as a home for where entrepreneurial spirit, creativity, drive, and passion come alive. It is where young entrepreneurs feel comfortable working on their own projects, while having the possibility of sharing, engaging, and in essence, creating together with others. More than a workspace with memberships suited to all needs, meeting facilities, a quickly filling agenda of events, accelerators programs and co-creation projects, and a very flexible mentality.
Harhub is looking for a Hub Manager. If you are capable and excited about starting, design and managing activities, direct engagement with local communities, and collaboration across global and regional networks. If you are driven by learning new things, figuring out how they work, and translating them into new projects and initiatives. If can you tell stories of emergent, impact stories, and solutions. If you have a natural desire to interdisciplinarity, social entrepreneurs, cross-cultural mindset. If you are digitally savvy, open to new ideas, new ways of working with a flexible mentality, capable of articulating insights and ideas through visual thinking. You have superb competencies in program and portfolio management. If you are curious, quirky, and fun, natural strategic thinkers, and talented designers. Then, Harhub is your ideal place to work with. The duties of the Hub Manager are categorized as below;
- Duties and Responsibilities;
- Programmes Management: Planning and managing the programs and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action while develop project documentation including proposals, project plans, and stakeholders’ reports ensuring all deadlines are met. He/she expected to manage the program’s budget and monitoring expenditure and costs against the approved budget and deliverables.
- Financial Management: Oversee the work of the finance function as a whole to ensure compliance with regulatory and funders requirements; efficient and effective management of the finance function; accuracy and reliability of financial information; and the overall management of Harhub funding and expenditure. Oversee directly Finance Officer.
- Audit, Compliance and Internal Controls: Ensure all renditions, audits and statutory compliance are carried out on time, in line with Harhub regulations and compliance requirements. Prepare compliance reports for the Board as required. Assist in the protection of the organization by ensuring it is legally protected and by ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and policies.
- Management Accounting: Set up and continue to improve effective management accounting systems and processes. He/she will cooperate with the program Officers and finance officer, as required, oversee treasuring of grants and financial reports for submission to granting agencies.
- Communications and Marketing: Creating, managing and growing the organization’s presence through blogs, microblogs, and other strategically relevant online spaces including mailing lists, write blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels. Issues and managing communications with all stakeholders.
- Leadership and Talent Management: Make efforts to promote an organizational culture of collaboration, open and frequent communication, adaptation, alignment with a common vision, and celebration of success in achieving specific projects and broader organizational objectives.
- Human Resource Management: Lead and oversee select human resources activities including: recruitment, selection and hiring; payroll and benefits; staff support and engagement; and support for training and development. Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Stakeholder Management: Directly engage stakeholders and represent Harhub at partner meetings and negotiations, stakeholder and speaking engagements, etc.
- Management: Works with the board to design, plan and implement organization strategies, plans and procedures.
- Sustainability: Develop a fundraising plan and mobilize campaigns to raise funds for various Harhub activities. Fundraising targets shall be set by the Board and is an important Key Performance Indicator for the Hub Manager.
- Required Education, Competence and Experience;
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Social Science, International Development, Science, sociology, economic development or related areas.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in development programming or policy; social innovation; institution building, partnership building; engagement (public and private sector) and/or resource mobilization.
- Language Requirements: Proficiency in written and spoken English and Somali
- Core Competencies:
- Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work: Adept with complex concepts and challenges convention purposefully
- Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow: Generates commitment, excitement and excellence in others
- People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction: Models independent thinking and action
- Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform: Synthesizes information to communicate independent analysis
- Delivery: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement: Meets goals and quality criteria for delivery of products or services
- Technical: Ability to manage organizational resources and deployment in pursuit of innovation approaches and initiatives
- Travel: ability to travel abroad, excellent presenter, confident and ability to learn quickly
How to apply;
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV to email@example.com by September 15th, 2020. Kindly indicate the position title on the subject line when applying. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Harhub is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1459 total views, 1 today