Head Nurse – Galinsoor – Galgaduud, Somalia
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:2 Sep 2020
- Share job:
Head Nurse (1 Position)
Galinsoor – Galgaduud
Branch Health Officer
OPD Nurse, OTP Nurse, Midwife, Pharmacy Assistant
Overall Job Purpose
Provide technical support in the planning and implementation of an integrated communitybased health care in designated out-patient and mobile outreach clinics to ensure delivery of high quality nursing interventions covering provision of maternal and child health services, which includes antenatal services, safe delivery and postnatal care, immunization and reproductive health, nutrition, HIV/Ads, health and hygiene promotion and epidemic response in line with primary healthcare nursing standards. Provide leadership and supervision of the health team assigned to the clinics as well as specifications for delivery of appropriate medical supplies and equipment needed to deliver healthcare services
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Team Leadership & Programme Implementation
- Participate and contribute in the design, implementation and evaluation of the Branch integrated community-based health care annual work plan and budget in line with strategic priorities.
- Coordinate and supervise operations at the out-patient and mobile outreach clinics to ensure delivery of high quality maternal and child health services.
- Oversee the provision of nursing care to patients visiting OPD/OTP clinics
- Provide counselling and health awareness to patients and community groups on identified health needs.
- Facilitate the referral of patients with complications to regional hospitals for specialized treatment.
- Coordinate home visits by nursing staff to follow-up discharged patients and providing continuity of care.
- Conduct clinical teaching and assessment of nursing staff and volunteers
- Supervise pharmacy operations and ensure restocking of medicine and medical supplies.
- Compile and accurate data pertaining all MCH/OPD and OTP activities with a view to preparing and submitting periodical reports in line with health policy.
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of the Branch health programme annual work plans and budgets line with strategic priorities.
- Identify capacity-building needs of the nursing team and volunteers and ensure they are properly trained and well supported to implement programme activities.
- Work closely with procurement and logistics to ensure availability of adequate medicine and related supplies in order to avoid stock-outs.
- Develop and enhance relationships with strategic partners, donors, local authorities, and humanitarian actors to maximize support for humanitarian response.
- Represent SRCS in relevant conferences, seminars, workshops and meetings to conduct periodic review of MCH/OPD and OTP activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the SRSC Senior Management.
Educational Qualifications & Professional Training
Diploma in Nursing/Midwifery with experience in maternal and child health.
Professional Training: Leadership and Management.
Certification/Licensing: Registered Nurse.
Job Competencies & Experience
- Demonstrating consistency in upholding integrity and ethics.
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to the fundamental principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Team leader with demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills.
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate openness to change & ability to manage complexities.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills and ability to manage inter-
Competencies group dynamics and mediate conflicting interests.
- Excellent writing skills, analytical capacity to synthesize project outputs and findings. for the preparation of quality programme reports.
- Maturity & confidence in dealing with senior and high ranking officials.
- Remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of views Proficiency in computer office packages word, excel, power point.
Language Requirement: Demonstrate proficiency in Somali and English languages.
Relevant Experience: Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in implementing an integrated health program consisting of maternal and child health, immunization, nutrition, HIV/Aids as well as health and hygiene promotion within a humanitarian context.
Interested qualified candidates are encouraged to send their C.V with cover letter to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 17th September 2020
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1133 total views, 4 today