Head Of Antenna Beletweyne, Somalia
- Job category: Antenna
- Post date:6 Jan 2022
- Share job:
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
HEAD OF ANTENNA
About the Job
The Head of Antenna manages Beledweyne office and its operations in accordance with the strategies, objectives, programs and action plans defined within the Sub Delegation.
This is a national/resident position based in Beletweyne, Somalia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the analyses of humanitarian, political and security environment in order to identify humanitarian needs and to prioritize the response within his/her area of responsibility (AoR) and supports in definition of the delegation’s operational strategies and objectives
- Ensures the implementation and follow up of related programs and activities, in collaboration with the Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS), Cooperation department and other concerned departments
- In collaboration with the line manager identifies any potential changes in the security framework, regularly reviews the security situation based on his/her own analysis or input from team members
- Provides analysis of the security environment and related risks and suggests measures and supervises their implementation
- Ensures that security rules and procedures are followed by all staff under his/her supervision and those visiting/operating within the region
- Maintains contacts with and represents the ICRC towards a range of interlocutors, informing them about ICRC’s mandate, principles and activities
- Provides regular reporting on the security situation and in case of security incident or event likely to affect staff security, shares timely written report
- Manages the substructure, its human, financial and material resources in alignment with the ICRC financial management policies and procedures
- Leads the team under his/her supervision, monitoring their performance and ensuring they are well equipped in terms of skills, knowledge and competencies
- Maintains a regular (oral and written) communication flow with the line manager on all aspects relevant to this function (analysis, contacts, internal management and operations)
- Produces written communication relevant for the AOR, including field trip reports, minutes of meetings and analytical reports
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or relevant qualification in a related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in an equivalent role in a humanitarian environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of and exposure to a wide range of humanitarian activities, emergency relief and related protection programs
- Proven management skills and a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Experience in leading a diverse team in a multi-disciplinary setting
- Experience in building relations with external contacts
- Excellent command of English and Somali language
- Good knowledge of the social, economic and political affairs of the assigned region
- Possessing a strong degree of honesty and integrity, and a solid sense of ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organisation
- Training and development opportunities
- A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 20th January 2022. Clearly indicate the position title Head of Antenna Beletweyne in the subject line of your email message. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted, and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to email@example.com.
Click on the link for information on data protection: Personal data protection information
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2258 total views, 1 today