Head of Operations and Programs – Mogadishu, Somalia
Title of the position: Head of Operations and Programs, Somalia
Reports to: Executive director
Duration of the contract: 12 months (renewable)
Expected Starting Date: 1st March 2020
Duty station: Mogadishu, with frequent field trips
Development Action Network (DAN) Somalia which was founded in 2006 is a voluntary, non-governmental, non-political, non-partisan and non-profit making organization, flexible and committed to provide programs answering to the community’s basic needs relevant to the current situation in Somalia. DAN serves all citizens without discrimination in terms of origin, race, color or creed which mirrors the purpose of inception and existence of the organization. Economic and social growth of the communities constitute the major focus of our work in Somalia. The organization attaches a high premium in strengthening the capacity of local communities and institutions as the most sustainable way of overcoming ignorance, diseases, hunger, poverty, injustice and inequality, within a do-no-harm principle.
Overall responsibility of the position: Roles of the position:
The head of operations and programs is responsible forthe day to day managing, guiding and coordination of DAN operations and programs in Somalia.
Specifically, the Head of Operations and Programs will be expected to perform the following roles:
- Liaising with superior to make decisions for operational and programming activities and set strategic goals
- Planning and monitoring the day-to-day running of the organisation to ensure smooth progress
- Supervising staff from different departments and provide constructive feedback
- Reporting of the organization’s activities
- Responsible for program specific representation of DAN program specific interests in the area and building and maintaining DAN’s area projects reputation through ensuring quality delivery of programs and accountability to our beneficiaries, partners, and other stakeholders.
As a head of Operations and Programs, he/she will provide leadership to DAN Operations and programs in Somalia, lead the implementation and coordination of DAN partners. He/She will oversee a portfolio of multi sectorial projects, providing leadership in design, implementation, integration, reporting and fund-raising. He/She will ensure risk-sensitive, pro-active, finance and support service provision to the program. The incumbent will spearhead responsible and effective stewardship of DAN resources.
- Responsible for all programmatic and operation activities of DAN Somalia.
- To assess current and forthcoming program needs in the area of jurisdiction.
- To facilitate good relations between DAN, partner agencies, technical government program specialists and the host/local communities.
- Prepare and implement monthly, quarterly and annual work plans.
- Ensure our beneficiaries are well informed about DAN feedback mechanism and are well explained on the Compliant Response Mechanism, the Humanitarian Accountability Framework and other relevant project related information.
- Ensure that M&E project activities are planned and carried out, and that all information required by the M&E Technical Unit is provided in a timely manner.
- Attend relevant coordination meetings and forums to support collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Engage and meeting with area-based Donors
- Participate joint coordination meetings with the Central Government in Mogadishu and also represent DAN when the Executive Director is away, this include participation of sectoral meetings with line ministries.
- Meet regularly with the various community groups (through field visits) to ensure they are aware of all the DAN activities, to ensure that project activities are meeting the needs of the community, and to collect feedback on DAN programming in the respective areas.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined from time to time by the Executive Director.
Experience and technical competencies
- Master’s degree in Social Science, Development studies or relevant sector.
- Minimum 10 years’ Experience of working in Development and Humanitarian field, particularly INGOs and UN.
- Managerial skills, minimum 7 years of supervising similar positions with strong organizational skills
- Able to work without supervision and accomplish results
- Analytic with Basic computer skills, MS Word and MS Excel
- Good public relations, leadership, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Apply by sending your CV and Letter of Motivation addressed to the Human Resource Officer on this email address email@example.com. Indicate the subject line with the position title (Head of Operations and Program, Somalia) no later than 15th February, 2020.
To see a full job description, please visit our website at www.dan.ngo
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1589 total views, 1 today