This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Health Advisor – Hargeisa, Somaliland
Position title: Health Advisor
Place of performance: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Apply by 27/05/2020
Start date 01/06/2020
Duration: up to 1 months (@21.75days/month)
Bachelor’s degree in health education, communications, public relations or related field in humanities from a recognized institution .
Sector experience Minimum of 3 years of demonstrable relevant Healthcare experience.
Geographical experience Minimum of 3 year of experience in Africa (desirable).
Language Fluency in English is essential.
CTG Overview CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
Our client has been requested by the EU to provide support by filling in the identified gaps with flexible tools and mechanisms by establishing a Partnership Coordination Facility for Somalia. Coordinated efforts are essential in order to transform Somalia into a more resilient economy with greater security, gender equity, improved human development, stronger infrastructure, and better access to basic services that are delivered by accountable governmental institutions.
One of the objectives of the project is to contribute to strengthening the resilience of Somali communities to cope with, adapt and recover from recurrent shocks. In addition, to improve resilience and livelihoods to enhance youth employment for rural communities and urban households in Somalia. In a context of predictable and protracted natural disasters and humanitarian crises, such positive transformation, which strengthens the ability of current and future generations to meet their needs and withstand crises, requires bridging the gap between emergency and rehabilitation.
● Offer assistance and advice pertaining to all matters that involve COVID-19 and improving public health awareness and education activities
● Ensure accurate and precise information on COVID-19 is provided to the public
● Will work with people on matters pertaining COVID-19 and technical advice, assistance and information on financial support, and offering motivation and guidance
● Matching public health resources with local and state needs
● Catalyzing the efforts exerted by co-workers and the general public such that they are geared towards informing accurate information on signs, symptoms and preventative measures are conveyed
● Devising and/or implementing programs designed to facilitate the general awareness of COVID-19 and the well-being of the public
● Programs that are directly related to preventing, controlling, and eradicating COVID-19
This position reports to the Project Manager
Key competencies Competencies
● Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction.
● Capable of working with others in a participatory and capacity building manner.
Qualifications: Education, Technical Skills and Experience
● Degree in health education, communications, public relations or related field in humanities from a
● At least three years of experience and trained in the area of public awareness campaigns
● Experience in social mobilization, community organizing, within similar fields in the Somali region
● Excellent communication / facilitation skills
● Ability to access and analyze social dimension to adapt according to the context
● Ability to classify and manage priorities – High autonomous is required
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for the role
APPLY HERE: https://recruitmentctg.force.com/xcdrecruit__Site_ExternalPositionDetails?id=a113W000000Hd4d
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1763 total views, 9 today