Health and Nutrition Field Supervisor, Kismayo, Somalia
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:1 Jun 2021
- Share job:
Health and Nutrition Field Supervisor, Kismayo– Somali-National only
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
ROLE PURPOSE: ROLE PURPOSE:
Under the general guidance and direction of the Health and Nutrition Officers, the health and nutrition field supervisor will support the implementation of all health and nutrition activities in the field. Implement and monitor health and nutrition activities in Kismayo town and by extension the riverine villages. He/she will Coordinate and work closely with the district health team in Jubbaland and other health and nutrition partners in the region. Promote best practices in health and nutrition programmes and contribute to the overall success of the project.
SCOPE OF ROLE: :
Reports to: Health/ Nutrition Officer- Kismayo.
Number of direct reports: Health centre-based staff
Dimensions: Save the Children has been working in Somalia for more than 60 years. The Country Office has over 550 staff across 14 field offices (Boroma, Burao and Hargeisa in Somaliland; Bosasso, Gnarowe, Galkayo and Gardo in Puntland; Beletweyne, Adaado, Abudwak, Baidoa, Kismayo, Dhobley and Mogadishu in Central South Somalia). Our Country Office coordination and administration base is in Nairobi, Kenya. In 2018, we reached more than 2.5 million people through our humanitarian and longer term development work in Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Child Protection and Child Rights Governance. The Country Office manages 65 active awards totalling US$165 million from a range of governmental/institutional donors, including DFID, ECHO, EU, FFP, OFDA, and DANIDA being some of our largest.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified Nurse, Nutritionist or Public Health degree.
- More than (2) year experience in health and nutrition programming.
- Experience in Lower Jubba context and by extension southern states.
- experience in emergency health and nutrition work and implementation of CMAM programming, including monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Experience in health and nutrition assessments and understanding of surveillance and information systems
- Experience in working with community health workers
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Experience of living and traveling in remote and insecure place
- Understanding rights-based approaches and participatory concepts and practical experience in similar context.
- Sensitive to issues affecting children and committed to Save the Children’s Child Safe Guarding policy.
- Health / Public Health / Nutrition BSc or equivalent
- Experience with Essential package of health care services (EPHS)
- health interventions in the region
- Experience with international NGOs
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Application will close on 10th June, 2021.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2058 total views, 4 today