HEALTH FIELD OFFICER
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:8 Nov 2019
- Share job:
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose ICRC exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
HEALTH FIELD OFFICER
About the Job
Reporting to the Head of Office in Bardhere, the Health Field Officer is the focal point for all matters related to the ICRC supported SRCS (Somali Red Crescent Society) Public Health Care (PHC) program. He/she is responsible for building up the capacity of the SRCS team to run their health program and monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of the same. He/she plans, organizes and monitors the implementation of the programs in accordance with organization’s objectives.
This is a national/resident position based in Bardhere, Somalia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In liaison with the Health Delegate oversees programs, participates actively in the health assessments, plans and coordinates health activities at field level
- Identifies the health needs of a given population, considering vulnerable groups and community coping mechanisms and involvement, in close coordination with SRCS Branch Health Officer (BHO) in the field when required
- Makes regular field visits to assess, monitor and support the BHOs on PHC/nutrition program implementation and evaluates the program impact and makes recommendations
- Supports the Health Delegate in maintaining and developing the relationship with SRCS as our main implementing partner in the field
- Participates in regular meetings between SRCS and ICRC teams for elaborate interactions focusing on streamlining activities
- Coaches and supports PHC/Nutrition SRCS Branch Field Officer (BFO) in implementation of the PHC program
- Works in accordance with evidence-based health strategies in line with international standards, institutional guidelines, Somalia National Treatment guidelines and delegation priorities
- Ensures that updated guidelines are implemented and adhered to in ICRC supported health programs
- Maintains networks with national key stakeholders into Somalia to ensure the efficient implementation of health programs
- Communicates and reports both internally and externally on the health context and population needs as well as on relevant local security and policy matters
- Contributes to revisions of health and nutrition databases and guidelines when the need arises
- Develops and ensures the compilation of Health Care in Danger incidents from the PHC program
- Updates the Health Delegate on the progress of the programme and submits regular activity reports
- Contributes to the quarterly health reports as well as other health reports required by the departmental head
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- University degree in Medicine, Nursing or equivalent qualification in a related field
- At least 4 years work experience in a similar field, with a sound understanding of the Somalia health system
- Proven assessment, analysis and reporting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken Somali and English
- Team leadership skills and ability to work independently
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Flexibility and willingness to travel extensively in Somalia
- Good knowledge of political, social and cultural environment of this region
- A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organisation
- Training and development opportunities
- A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address email@example.com. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 17th November 2019. Clearly indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted, and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
3300 total views, 1 today