HEALTH FIELD OFFICER – MONITORING & EVALUATION – MOGADISHU
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:13 Jan 2020
- Job expires in: 1 day
- Share job:
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose ICRC exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
HEALTH FIELD OFFICER – MONITORING & EVALUATION
About the Job
The Health Field Officer (ALMANACH Monitoring & Evaluation) contributes to implementation and monitoring of the ALMANACH programme in cooperation with the project’s team and in accordance to the objectives set out in the annual planning. S/he has the capacity to oversee programmes with a degree of autonomy and achieve objectives under limited supervision.
This is a national/resident position based in Mogadishu.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Makes regular field visits to assess, monitor and support the clinics that will implement ALgorithms for the MANagement
of Acute CHildhood illnesses (ALMANACH) and provide comprehensive report evaluating the program impact and makes recommendations
- Coaches and supports the SRCS (Somali Red Crescent Society) clinics in the implementation of ALMANACH
- Ensures that updated guidelines especially IMCI guidelines are implemented and followed in the ICRC supported health facilities
- In liaison with the Health Field Officer within the area of responsibility, coaches and supports PHC/Nutrition SRCS Branch Health Officer (BHO) in implementation of the PHC (Primary Health Care) program
- Assists the Program Manager for ALMANACH in planning and implementing the monitoring and evaluation of activities at facility level for all PHC activities with focus on ALMANACH
- Designs and sets in place the project M&E system, in coordination with SRCS Integrated Supportive Supervision procedures
- Develops indicators and sets up an indicator tracking system
- Develops relevant questionnaires, surveys and carries out ad hoc data collection
- Ensures proper management of data collected, participates in analysis of data and preparation of appropriate, relevant reporting
- Liaises and builds networks with local stakeholders to facilitate communication on and coordination of activities, for efficient implementation of the program
- Participates in the training of health workers and provide on-the-job coaching related to M&E
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- Minimum university degree in Medicine, Nursing or Public Health
- At least 3 years’ experience in M&E, preferably from health-related projects; working experience in humanitarian sector is an asset
- Knowledge of DHIS2 (District Health Information Systems 2) would be a strong asset
- Experience in the design and implementation of Operational Research studies
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Somali language
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Team management skills and ability to work independently
- Computer proficiency especially in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Flexibility and willingness to travel extensively in Somalia
- Good knowledge of political, social and cultural environment of this region
- A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organisation
- Training and development opportunities
- A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 24th January 2020. Clearly indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted, and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to email@example.com.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
3779 total views, 9 today