Health& Nutrition Assistant -Burao
|JOB TITLE: Health& Nutrition Assistant|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME Health and Nutrition/Child Survival||GRADE: 5|
|LOCATION: Burao||POST TYPE: National (12 Months)|
Level 3: The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
The Project Assistance, who will be based in Burao town but works MCHs, HPs and outreach within Burao town and villages, will have overall responsibility for the technical management of SCI’s health projects in the District in collaboration with the PO/FM/PM. Health projects that are currently being implemented in collaboration with the district include primary health care, SRH and Nutrition assistance to vulnerable groups of the population in the programme area. The project assistance will have overall responsibility for the management and development of SCIs primary health care programmes in the Burao district through guidance of the Project and Program Managers, and ensures that the implementation of the projects are carried out in line with Somaliland Ministry of Health policies and guidelines and SCI’s internal procedures including project proposals.
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Health & Nutrition project officer
Country Dimensions:Save the Children works in 4 regions in Somalia/Land with a current staff complement of approximately 350 staff.
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
|COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Nutrition, or Public health degree with minimum of 1 years’ experience in managing nutrition & health programmes in a district and regional level in similar context.or clinician holding high diploma in clinical medicine from recognized university with at least 2 years public health background.
· Experience in Health & Nutrition and community based programming
· Experience in behaviour change programming.
· Previous experience in managing Primary Health care programmes.
· Proven experience in project proposal development, logical framework and report writing
· Experience in budget management
· Experience of assessing evolving health needs quickly and calmly under pressure as required.
· Proven experience in report writing
· Flexibility and relationship building skills.
· Ability to successfully work in a multi-cultural and diverse team
· Excellent communication skills, with good spoken and written English and Somali language ( mandatory)
· Ability to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with local representatives and programme staff in a consultative and participatory approach.
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING POLICY:
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SCI’s Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staff are responsible for. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
|CODE OF CONDUCT
Because Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
Interested candidates are required to apply through the below link:
Application will close 10-December 2019
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
3788 total views, 3 today