Health & Nutrition Program Coordinator – Kismayo
WAMO RELIEF REHABILITATION SERVICES
Job Advertisement – Health & Nutrition Program Coordinator
|Location: Kismayo Duration: 6 Months
Reports to: Executive Director Vacant position: 1 Positions.
The collapse of the Somalia government in 1991 dragged Somalia into a miserable state characterized by chronic insecurity, massive displacement and lack of adequate access to basic human needs such as food, water and shelter. Amid this horrific state young Somali nationals established Wamo Relief and Rehabilitation Services WRRS in the year 2002 with the aim of contributing to the relief of human suffering in the country.
WRRS is a non Profit, non- partisan organization based in Somalia. The organization is legally registered and operating in the south central Somalia and Punt land.
We aim to strengthen the capacity of the local communities in Somalia and Kenya so that they may share and contribute to the educational, economic, and social well-being of their life through provision of relief supplies, emergency livelihoods and social support and capacity building interventions which are integrated in participatory community-based peace building and human rights-based approaches towards sustainable peace, reconstruction and development of Somalia.
WRRS, seeks the services of a competent Health & Nutrition Program Coordinator
- Supervise the Health & Nutrition programmes to ensure they are implemented in accordance with WRRS and donor standards and regulations.
- Contribute to and support roll out of the organization Strategic Plan 2020-2023, especially as pertains to Health and Nutrition (H&N).
- Contribute to programme Monthly and Annual Reports, ensuring key achievements, learnings and challenges captured, and highlighting programme adaptation/responsiveness to evolving context.
- Strengthen initiatives to prevent under nutrition, morbidity and mortality, and integrate into resilience and durable solution programming, while ensuring quality treatment of SAM, MAM, delivery of MNCH services and management of endemic/epidemic-prone communicable diseases in targeted locations
- Actively foster integration between Health and Nutrition, Livelihoods, WASH and Education sector programming across all regions of operation.
- Strengthen WRRS’s capacity to expand H&N operations as needed (through regular assessment of priority needs and targeting plus timely identification of gaps), while maintaining quality programming.
- Monthly collation and analysis of site level reports and providing feedback
- Actively facilitate regional health cluster meeting in Kismayo
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with relevant stakeholders like MoH and other level in relation to Health and Nutrition.
- Promote increasing awareness of appropriate health and nutrition behaviours in project communities and ensure behavior change materials are visible in Project supported communities and health facilities.
- Support the development of case studies and success stories from programme implementation.
- Resolve conflicts of interest, build consensus and keep communities informed of project progress
- Provide technical support to the health staffs from supported facilities
- In liaison with the HMIS officer ensure monthly HMIS data analyzed and report shared with the relevant partners
- Lead public consultation exercises and facilitate community participation, using a variety of techniques to ensure the involvement of the community
- Represent WRRS in external coordination meetings with UN/ NGOs, donors, partners and government in Mogadishu & in the field.
- To undertake other duties as required
- Qualified doctor or nurse with a postgraduate qualification in community/public health with management skills (human resources, hospital management on the humanitarian emergency projects)
- Master degree or equivalent in Public Health is desirable
- At least 5 years work experience in humanitarian field in relevant technical disciplines and in coordination position
- Knowledge of the cluster system
- Knowledge of SHF /BRICS/UNICEF/CHF/WHO procedures and familiar with their approach and strategies
- Project Management skills, including financial planning and documentation;
- Fluency in written and spoken English, good reporting and communication skills are required;
- Good problem solving and social skills and creative, to think of alternative solutions;
- Good interpersonal skills to work effective with different stakeholders including different communities in the target areas, humanitarian actors, service providers, local and national authorities;
- Excellent organizational, team building and participatory training skills and experience is required, as well as ability to work as part of a team;
- Previous working experience in Somalia will be an asset
- Desirable competencies and qualifications – Previous experience in the Somali context or in remote field
- Proved qualification in Health sector trainings
- Dynamic and flexible
- English language skills required (fluent),
- Somali language skills (desirable)
- Strong collaborator with effective inter-personal and analytic skills
- Training and guidance skills
- Able to work effectively under pressure and handle workload
All applications should be sent email@example.com not later than 1stof July 2020. Application received after this date will not be considered.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1870 total views, 3 today