Health Programme Assistant – Dhahar, Somalia
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:21 May 2020
- Job expires in: 3 days
- Share job:
Position title: Health Programme Assistant
Place of performance: Dhahar, Somalia
Apply by: 06/06/2020
Start date: 01/07/2020
Duration: up to 6 months (@21.75days/month)
Qualification Bachelor’s degree in nursing, public health, and/or related field with nursing and/or medical doctor registration/license. Degree in nutrition is an advantage. Minimum of three years of experience working in emergency and/or community development.
Sector experience Minimum of 3 years of demonstrable relevant Medical experience.
Geographical experience Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (essential).
Language Fluency in English (essential) , Somali (essential) and Arabic (desirable).
CTG Overview CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is one of the major humanitarian and development actors in Somalia. IOM implements primary healthcare and nutrition activities in Sanaag region of Puntland, and is recruiting a Health Programme Assistant based in Dhahar town, in Sanaag to provide operational and technical support and daily management of mobile medical teams, static clinics and OTPs in Dhahar district (including Dhahar, Buran, Baragaha Qol) and neighboring areas.
Under the direct supervision of the Migration Health Officer, and under the overall supervision of the Programme Manager Migration Health, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical and operational support to IOM’s health programming in Dhahar and surrounding areas, including quality control of healthcare services at IOM-supported clinics, capacity building of seconded Ministry of Health clinical staff, administrative and financial support to enable programme implementation, and liaising with Ministry of Health and other government counterparts
Provide technical and operational support to Ministry of Health-managed primary health clinics, mobile medical teams, and/or nutrition outpatient therapeutic programmes supported by IOM in Dhahar, Puntland. This includes quality assurance, oversight of data input, clinic stock management, identification of gaps at clinics and implementation of corrective measures, and all administrative tasks related to operation of the clinics.
Assist in monitoring clinical and nutrition service delivery to verify if it meets IOM quality standards, and that national clinical management and treatment guidelines are strictly followed
Assist in keeping track of medical supplies and drugs, and ready-to-use therapeutic food (RUTF), and in coordinating and verifying timely replenishment to avoid stock outs
Orientate, train, and build capacity of seconded Ministry of Health staff at the health and nutrition clinics through training, and on-job Continuing Medical Education (CME)
Monitor the work of Ministry of Health seconded and partner staff and ensure timely submission of their monthly attendance sheets to Mogadishu office
Monitor community outreach medical and nutrition services are provided in accordance with project plans, including health promotion and delivery of curative/preventive services in the community.
Identify project development opportunities on the ground and communicate these proactively to Senior Health Officers, Nutrition Officer, & Health Programme Coordinator
Submit weekly reports to Health Programme Coordinator on program activities, coordination meetings, administrative issues, etc.
Liaise with key stakeholders externally including the Ministry of Health and local authorities and coordinate internally with other IOM programme units operating in the same office and project sites.
Compile, review primary health and nutrition data every week in a timely manner and contribute to analysis
Participate in health coordination meetings as assigned
Undertake duty travel when required, including occasionally to other project locations to provide staffing coverage when needed.
Conduct additional tasks that may be assigned by the Health Programme Coordinator and Health Officers
Migration Health Officer
Key competencies • Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
• Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
• Strong strategic, analytical and creative thinking skills.
• Ability to cooperate and coordinate with other units, implementing partners, NGOs and government departments, particularly in Somalia.
• Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results.
• Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity.
• Capacity to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from various professional backgrounds.
• Ability to work under difficult conditions and outside normal working hours while maintaining security awareness
• Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies;
• Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs;
• Monitors own work to correct errors;
• Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings;
• Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work;
• Contributes to colleagues’ learning;
• Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills;
• Actively shares relevant information;
• Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience;
• Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Masters subject matter related to responsibilities;
• Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
• Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress;
• Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts;
• Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment;
• Contributes to, and follows team objectives;
Actively supports and implements final group decisions
Subject to security vetting clearance from NISA, Medical clearance and holding a valid of somali passport/National ID.
APPLY HERE: https://recruitmentctg.force.com/xcdrecruit__Site_ExternalPositionDetails?id=a113W000000Hd9u
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2022 total views, 68 today