HR/Admin Assistant – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Human Resource & Administration
- Post date:29 Jun 2020
- Job expires in: 1 day
- Share job:
Fulltime/ 40 hours a week
Based in Hargeisa, Somaliland with frequency travel to the field
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
The main purpose of this position is to provide support to Human Resources Manager (HRM) of Oxfam Somalia/Somaliland Office for day to day operational administration and HR work.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Create, Organize, maintain all relevant HR/personnel records/ files which are easily accessible/ retrievable.
- Follow up and maintain database about who completed performance management, timesheets and mandatory trainings e.g security, safeguarding etc…
- Support in coordinating onboarding and induction sessions for new hires.
- Support HR Manager and line managers in recruitments: job posting, Coordinate with candidate for interviews and testing, arranging folders, and venues for interviews.
- Facilitate completion of new hire forms by new staff and their enrolment into Oxfam benefits programs (Medical Insurance, GPA, etc.).
- Assisting HRM on SuccessFactor postings (including creating/deleting accounts, managing leave applications online, posting payroll, keeping the employment data up-to-date)
- Conduct HR Administrative tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
General Office Support
- Ensuring that the office internal and external environment is habitable and always kept neat and clean in good repair at all times.
- Maintain office supplies e.g stationary, tea, coffee etc… and report to logistics on monthly basis with proper replenishment.
- Organize the Meeting Room (arrange stationeries, refreshments, etc as required
Guest house & Kitchen
- Monitor and Maintain a clean and neat guest house and kitchen and organize general monthly cleaning of both guest house, office and kitchen.
- Ensures that all guest house and kitchen equipment, facilities and equipment are in good working conditions and organizing repairs in a timely manner whenever necessary.
- Maintain the GH supplies like tea, water, cleaning supplies for cleaners and ensures that proper inventories of stocks are up to-date and maintained accurately.
- Report any defective items to logistics for repair.
- Ensure the cook provides sufficient meal for staff and in coming visitors during lunch hour.
- Collect lunch contributions from all staff on time.
- Ensure twice a year fumigation is done in the kitchen and guest house
- Manages the Cleanersand Cook attendance and performance
- Maintain list of rooms used in guest house and available for any visitors and share with logistics on regular basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Social Sciences or related field.
- Minimum of one (1) year work experience in a busy HR department.
- Previous NGO work experience will be an added advantage.
- The ideal candidate should have a proven ability to handle challenging work load.
- Demonstrated skills in human resources filing management.
Language, English and local Somali language.
Please apply the position by clicking the Apply button. Application Deadline on 13th July 2020, However, applications will be shortlisted as we receive it and interviews will be carried out if necessary, before the end date. Therefore, qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and before the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
6659 total views, 145 today