HR and Administration Manager
- Job category: Human Resource & Administration
- Post date:6 Sep 2019
- Share job:
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following position:
|Job Title:||HR and Administration Manager|
|Reports to:||Systems Director|
|Liaises with:||All programme staff, Nairobi-based HR & Admin Coordinator|
|Direct Reports:||Officers (Admin, Security) and HR Assistant|
|Job Location:||Mogadishu with frequent visits to other programme locations|
|Contract Details:||Two years but extendable|
|The purpose of the post is to manage HR and Administration functions for Somalia programme and at the same time assume responsibility for the two Concern offices in Mogadishu and related administration work. The incumbent will work with Mogadishu staff and the SFG to ensure that organization’s security management plan and procedures are updated regularly and known to staff. The incumbent will also assist in building relations with relevant ministries and offices in Mogadishu, and at the same contribute to efforts aimed at maintaining positive public image and good reputation of the organisation within stakeholders.|
|Main duties &
|Human Resource (under the guidance of the HR & Admin Coordinator):
· Ensure office lease agreement and contract for utilities are drawn and renewed in a timely manner. Also ensure that due payments of the same are made on time.
· Ensure the team house facilities are in good order and conducive to living by the occupants and visitors of the programme.
Safety and Security Management:
· In conjunction with the Safety Focal Point (SFP), ensure SFG meetings organised, minutes compiled, circulated and follow up takes places as agreed.
· In consultation with the SFP and SD when necessary, provide (through real time information, phone calls and other means to receive information from reliable sources) security clearance requested by staff for visits to Mogadishu office.
· Ensure that all new staff and visitors receive appropriate security briefing.
· Ensure the security of KM 5 office compound is managed effectively (gaps identified) in line with SMP and SOP.
· Maintain close contacts with relevant stakeholders to develop a network and build relationships with and to share or gather reliable security information.These include but not limited to government, (I)NGO’s, INSO, UN, Concern’s local partners, communities, etc.
· Provide supportin the organisation of coordination meetings with relevant government ministries and regional administration to make them informed on Concern’s operations.
· Represent Concern in external meetings in country when requested to do by the relevant senior management
Responding to Emergencies:
· Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response when necessary
· Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
· Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies
· To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies
· To support and promote the standards outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies to their team, partner organisations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment.
· To contribute to the establishment of preventive measures to reduce the potential for abuse and exploitation in Concern’s programme
· A post graduate degree or its equivalent in management (qualification in Human Resource Management is an advantage)
· Minimum of five (3) years’ experience in the HRManagement. Previous work experience with an international NGO in a similar capacity is an advantage.
· Proven influencing and negotiating skills with internal and external audiences including in complex and stressful circumstances.
· Ability to advice and support staff in a consultative and continuous manner.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the capacity to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities. Must be organised and efficient.
· Willingness to travel at short notice, and often in difficult circumstances.
· Commitment and sympathetic to Concern’s goal, values and principles
· Knowledge of computers: word processing, excel and database management packages.
|This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised by the line manager from time to time.|
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
4356 total views, 6 today