HR Intern – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Human Resource & Administration
- Post date:14 Oct 2021
- Job expires in: 8 days
- Share job:
For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children’s lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world’s largest independent child rights organization. From emergency relief to long-term development, Save the Children secures a child’s right to health, education and protection. Save the
Children is an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. We are looking to recruit for this position to be based in Hargeisa
Position: HR Intern
Duration: 3 Months
Duty Station: Hargeisa
Please refer the below Job Description for the position description and the key selection criteria.
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV and mandatory cover letter quoting the Job Title on the subject line. The file name of the CV and attachments must be the applicants name and sent
to URL Link:
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications close on Wednesday 27th October 2021 @ 11:59pm.
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself. We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will therefore be required.
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Human Resource||LOCATION: Hargeisa|
|GRADE: NA||TYPE OF CONTRACT: National|
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3 – the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a month or less) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.|
HR Intern will perform various administrative tasks and support the HR departments on daily activities, HR Intern responsibilities include updating our employee records with new hire information, screening resumes and scheduling interviews
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Area HR Officer
Role Dimensions: The role has responsibility support to the HR department, this entails working closely with Hargeisa office
Staff directly reporting to this post: None.
|Under the overall guidance of the Area HR Officer, the intern is expected to perform the following tasks:
· Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, procurement and logistics, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
· Ensure that all work is carried out in a way that is sensitive to community needs and gender and children issues. In particular to promote the full and equal participation of women and children in all aspects of the work.
· Within reason, implement additional actions and responsibilities, as requested by your line manager.
|SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
· Ability to take direction.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Having Communication Skills
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Cuts away bureaucracy and encourages an entrepreneurial approach
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
· Displays consistent excellent judgement
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Willingness to work in odd hours, go extra mile and travel in often difficult and insecure environments;
· Commitment to Save the Children values
|Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested and qualified applicants can view the profile and apply for this position through the below URLs:-
Closing Date will be Wednesday 27th October 2021 @ 11:59pm.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2846 total views, 186 today