HR Officer, Somaliland Programme
- Job category: Human Resource & Administration
- Post date:22 Nov 2021
- Job expires in: 6 days
- Share job:
HR Officer, Somaliland Programme
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following position:
Job Title: HR Officer, Somaliland Programme
Reports to: Operations Manger
Direct reports: Security Guards
Liaise-With A. Internal: Managers/Coordinators, Finance Officer, Admin Officer and Systems Director
B. External: Ministry of Employment Social and Family Affairs and INGOs HR personnel
Job Location: Hargeisa with travel to other programme locations when necessary
Contract Details: 1 year contract with possibility of extension.
Job Purpose: The HR Officer is responsibilities for all HR related activities with the lead of Operations Manager and in liaison with Somaliland Coordinator. The key function is to manage all human resources activities of the location in line with organization’s policies; recruitment, induction, staff development, managing exit/redundancies. The HR Officer will provide the necessary support to various aspects of Human Resource Management to Somaliland Managers and will directly be responsible for managing and supervising Security guards. The HR Officer is further responsible for managing HR files and producing HR reports. This position maintains the highest degree of confidentiality and a strong employee’s relations focus..
Main duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate recruitment exercises till completion and hiring of competent candidates(interviews, reference checks, communicating interview results to candidates and Prepares contracts)
- Supports the Operations Manager in ensuring that rules and procedures are known, understood, and implemented by all teams, and that they have all the necessary tools needed for their application (internal regulations, employment contracts, job profiles, etc.)
- Coordinate and supervise performance management (PDR processes), monitor probation and ensure confirmation are according to policy.
- Coordinates staff training and track carrier development in Somaliland, promote learning culture, high performance and empowering culture, accountability and transparency.
- Helps line managers in conducting team and individual training needs analysis.
- Maintain and update database, filing and monitor expiry staff contracts and renewal as and when necessary in consultation with line Managers, Operations Manager and Somaliland Coordinator
- Coordinate leave plan development and monitor leave balances and ensure compliance to leave policies
- Support and promote the recruitment and retention of female staff
- Ensure temporary, casual staff and interns are hired/engaged according to policy of the organization
- In consultation with Operations Manager, address and mitigate complaints/grievances and resolve conflicts in accordance with organizational policies.
- In coordination with Admin Officer ensure conducive work environment for staff-in terms of workspace, safety, facilities and work atmosphere.
- Regularly address queries from managers and staff and provides counselling referrals as appropriate.
- Monitor and advise management on any new changes in labour laws.
- Focal point for HR issues with stakeholders such as line ministries/government
- Ensure all the necessary HR reports are timely prepared and submitted
- Support and promote the standards outlined in the P4 and the Concern Code of Conduct to team, partner organisations and beneficiaries
- Contribute to the establishment of preventive measures to reduce the potential for abuse in Concern programme.
- Ensure any change in policy is timely communicated to staff through appropriate means.
- In liaison with ICT ensure setting up of new ICT systems and disablement of leavers
HR Administrative Roles:
- Timely submission of complete and correct medical, cover memberships forms (where applicable) for new staff
- Ensure that all timesheets, attendance registers, and personnel change notice forms are available and verifies any leave records and overtime sheets before payroll is processed.
- Maintaining leave/TOIL records
- Archiving staff records six (6) months after end of employment
- Archiving unsuccessful interview candidate records after one (1) year
- Prepare and dispatch certificates of service for leavers
- Tracking and updating on supplies requests, Job Requisition and other HR related requests
- Facilitate timely approval, receipt and payments for HR services
- Dispatch and ensure receipt of all staff documents while maintaining relevant records
- Translate documents either in Somali or English as required
- In close collaboration with Logistics, ensure that travel arrangements and hotel bookings for Somaliland staff, visiting staff and visitors/consultants are made on timely a manner and documented and that records are filed properly
- Follow up on invoices and timely prepares payments for flights and hotels.
- Management and supervision of Security Guards
- In the absence of Finance Officer, act for the Finance Officer while away as per laid down roles and responsibilities
- In the absence of Admin Officer, act for Admin Officer while away as per laid down roles and responsibilities
- Schedule HR related activities and initiatives e.g. staff meetings/briefs, learning forums e.g. brown bags, staff support visits etc.
Responding to Emergencies:
- Participate and contribute, as necessary, towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
- Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
Concern Code of Conduct and Associated Policies
- To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in Concern’s Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
- To support and promote the standards outlined in the Concern’s Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies to their team, partner organizations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment
To contribute to the establishment of preventive measures to reduce the potential for exploitation and abuse in Concern programme
- In line with Concern’s commitments under the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS):
- Actively promote meaningful community participation and consultation at all stages of the project cycle (planning, implementation, M&E);
- Work with relevant colleagues to ensure that the Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) is functional and accessible, that feedback and complaints are welcomed and addressed;
- Work with relevant colleagues to ensure that information about CRM, safeguarding and expected staff behavior is disseminated among programme participants and communities.
- Degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration
- At least three years of experience in HR
- Have excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Ability to multi-task and work within deadlines;
- Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook (or similar software);
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised by the line manager from time to time.
How to Apply: Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should submit their applications (cover letter and updated CVs) by email to email@example.com with the
“Application for HR Officer, Somaliland Programme by Wednesday 6th December 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies: Concern has an organizational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organization, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies. Additionally, Concern is committed to the safeguarding and protection of vulnerable adults and children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work or volunteer with vulnerable adults and children are recruited by us for such roles. Subsequently, working or volunteering with Concern is subject to a range of vetting
Checks, including criminal background checking.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2622 total views, 3 today