Human Resource Manager – Jijiga, Ethiopia
- Job category: Human Resource & Administration
- Post date:14 Jan 2021
- Job expires in: 8 days
- Share job:
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Jijiga, Ethiopia
SUMMARY STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator and Technical supervision by the HR/Admin coordinator based at Addis, HR/Admin Manager will be the responsible person of the field HR/Admin department with all functions carried out by the department including talent management, contracts management, staff development, THE IRC Way, performance management, on boarding, staff grievance handling, benefits administration, payroll and related payments, follow up on contract extension, Timesheet collection, filing, , Insurance and HRMIS. He/She will work closely with all departments in the field office and with the Addis HR/Admin unit.
The HR/Admin Manager participates in maintaining and reviewing all administrative and human resource systems and procedures. He/She will ensure uniform compliance with policies and procedures at the field site and provides technical support to the field office and the team.
The post holder supervises the field HR Officers and provides technical support for them.
DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
HR Talent Strategy and Talent Architecture:
– Maintain a thorough knowledge of IRC personnel policies and Implement IRC’s new Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures in every site of the field office and ensure all HR/Admin activities are carried-out in adherence to these standards.
– Participate in reviewing national staff policies and Recommend changes/additions/deletions to the HR/Admin Coordinator
– Promote and uphold THE IRC Way: Standards for Professional Conduct.
– Ensure the provision of good quality, appropriate and clearly communicated advice to field line managers on all aspects of HR management, policy and practice, including work force planning, job design, employment law, employee relations issues, and communication and consultation strategies.
– In consultation with the Field coordinator and the HR/Admin coordinator, the HR/Admin Manager should consult line managers in succession planning and in strategic way of talent retention.
– Work with the Field coordinator and HR/admin coordinator on implementation of strategic planning of the department
– Provide advice and support to Field HR teams, all field employees and Managers in interpretation of HR policies and procedures and provide technical support on HR related matters, including but not limited to, recruitment, orientation, career development, performance evaluation, disciplinary action and separation .
Talent Acquisition and management:
– Work with Field Coordinator to determine workforce needs, identify the field human resource and competency gaps, and devise a development and workforce plan to promote staff development and retention.
– Plan and respond to the recruitment needs in timely fashion.
– Review job descriptions and Personnel requisition and make recommendations for ensuring accuracy and consistency before sending to AA.
– Advice Supervisors with reviewing job descriptions, posting job advertisements, screening applicants, conducting job interviews/written tests, reference checks, extending job offers, and ensuring new employee’s paper work/hire pack is processed accurately.
– Participate in recruitment process of hire positions. Posting positions in appropriate media, CV review, interviewing, reference check, job offer, leading the orientation and travel arrangement.
– Ensure that recruitment process is fair and transparent and in line with IRC Global HR policies and procedures.
– Ensure proper orientation for all new staff with periodic follow up fields visits for additional support to field teams; collaborate and coordinate with other departments to provide an engaging and welcoming orientation
– Oversee exit management process to ensure unspoiled and positive transition for departing employee
– Ensure the field HR/ Admin staff to conduct exit interviews for exiting national staff and maintain its copies on the file and conduct the exit interview whenever necessary. The exit interviews are supported with monkey survey.
Supervision and Support
– Manage, train, coach HR Officers and Assistant; create detailed plan to build capacity including performance objectives and development in collaboration with Roving HR/Admin Manager, Field coordinator and other HR/Admin staff. Conduct performance evaluation of subordinates timely.
– Work on succession plan for field HR/Admin department staff.
– Ensure that the Subordinatess are working in a harmonized manner with consistency among application of policy throughout the field offices, and identify and implement mechanisms to ensure cooperation, communication and teamwork.
– Identify the gap the field HR/Admin department and create the solution in collaboration with the HR Coordinator, roving HR/Admin Manager and the Field Coordinator.
– Assess the skill and gap of field HR/Admin staff and recommend training.
– Working with Staff development Manager in assessing training needs for the field office
HR Service and Administration
– Ensure and follow up daily HR-related administrative duties are executed as per the expected quality in a timely manner
– Assist and Review all HR/Admin documents such as payroll, Overtime pay, back pay, severance, adjustments, acting allowance, new employee Insurance list, Hiring recommendation and new contracts etc. … prepared by Subordinatess before it sends to Addis Ababa.
– Review employment contracts purchase requests and payment requests made by other HR staff before it is submitted to Finance
– Ensure the field office organ gram is in line with workday organogram
– Maintain updated tracking of staff Performance Evaluations, different HR related staff data analysis
– Ensure all letters increment, promotion, transfer written in the field are correct and in a timely manner.
– Ensure all the field office full employees files maintained confidentially in a lockable cabinet.
– Maintain updated HRMIS /Workday, Cornerstone / database as well ensure all the field office HR/Admin staff trained on HRMIS and update the database on time.
– Participate on the field office budget proposals.
– MA/BA Degree in Management, Human Resources Management, Public Administration or related field of study from recognized university.
– 3 years for MA holders or 4 years of experience for degree holders in Human Resource Management and Administration; and at least two years in supervisory/managerial level.
– NGO experience in HR and Admin is a must.
– Strong organizational skills.
– Oversees/international experience with an international NGO is an advantageous
– Proven management skills.
– Project management experience
– proposal and report writing skills
– Experience in working with multicultural and diversified workforce.
– Working experience in HRMIS is preferable.
– Excellent representational skills.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
– Ability to work under pressure and attention to details.
– Fluency in Somali and English languages is Advantageous
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
186 total views, 4 today