Human Resource Officer – Hargeisa
- Job category: Human Resource & Administration
- Post date:2 Feb 2020
- Share job:
Job Description for Human Resource Officer
Position title: Human Resource Officer
Number of vacant positions: 1
Duty Station: Hargeisa office
Welthungerhilfe is a non-profit organization headquartered in Germany that aims to reduce hunger and poverty. It has its ETH/SOM Regional Office in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and a Programme Office in Hargeisa, Somaliland. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing development projects in Somaliland since 2001. Multi-sectoral projects have been implemented in the Awdal, Marodijeh, Togdheer&Sanaag Regions for the past 18 years.
Position Title: Human Resource Officer
Reports to: Somaliland office Area Manager
Location: Somaliland – Borama / Hargeisa
Date:February 2, 2020
Major Functions: To follow up and implementation of humanresource policies, procedures, and ensure smooth office operations in WHH Somaliland project offices.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that up to date staff data/statistics is maintained and timely HR information is provided to staff and management whenever needed.
- Create a suite of document templates e.g. employment contracts, variation to contract letters, invitation to meeting letters, resignation letters, etc. Ensure these are accessible to the team and ensure they are kept up to date and in line with contractual and statutory requirements.
- Work closely with the Finance and Accounting Department to ensure workforce information is kept up to date, and any problems identified and addressed. Issue accurate payroll instructions, to meet payroll deadlines
- Work with the Area Manager and Head of Projects to guide and advise management and employees, through all aspects of the employee life cycle to include absence management, investigations, discipline, grievance, capability, in accordance with the consistent application of organizational policies and procedures.
- Assist AM and HoPs in the management of poor performance, advising on solutions and assisting with their implementation.
- Provide management information reports relating to HR for example absence data, staff lists, payroll costs, etc. Work on requests for information, ensuring timely and accurate responses are provided.
- Administer and monitor staff leave entitlements and utilization consistent with WHH leave policy.
- Complete relevant documentation in line with Regulatory and Auditor’s recommendation.
- Maintain and update HR database systems.
- Manage institutional HR correspondences
- Degree in Human Resources.
- Above 5 years working experience in anINGO.
- Female candidates are highly motivated.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Thorough understanding of Somaliland labor and employment laws.
- Good computer skills in e-mail communication, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good organization and interpersonal skills with ability to function in a team work.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Flexible, resourceful and able to perform despite tight schedules.
- A high-level individual who is independent, proactive, with good attitude and mindset.
- Must take initiative to complete task assigned.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications and updated CVs with three updated references by email email@example.com up to 17th February 2020 at 4:30 p.m. Any applicants who could submit after closing date and time will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage of the selection process.
N.B: Your references email address should be an official email address of the organization. The following references email address i.e: @gmail.com or @yahoo.com will not be accepted as reference.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2891 total views, 4 today