Human Resources and Capacity Building Officer – MoIS – Dhusamareb, Galgaduud, Galmudug State of Somalia
- Job category: Human Resource & Administration
- Post date:13 Jan 2021
- Job expires in: 9 hours
- Share job:
جمهــــــــــــــــــوريــــــــــــــة الصــــــــــــــــومال الفــــــــــدراليـــــــــــــــــة
حكومة اقليم جلمـــــدج
وزارة الامن الداخلى
|Jamhuuriyadda Faderaalka Soomaaliya
Dowlad Gobaleedka Galmudug
Wasaaradda Amniga Gudaha Galmudug
Galmudug State of Somalia
Ministry of Internal Security
|TERMS OF REFERENCE|
|Post title||Human Resources and capacity building officer|
|Organization unit||Administration Unit|
|Name of Supervisor||DG MOS|
|Duration||6 months with possibility of extension|
|I. Organizational Context/Background|
The Galmudug Ministry of Security (MOS) is working towards a vision of a federated Galmudug State of Somalia that is democratically accountable and that upholds territorial integrity and lasting peace within and with its neighbors and where citizens enjoy sustainable security, access to justice, the rule of law and full enjoyment of their human rights. The MOS is vested with the mandate to strengthen strategy, policy and coordination mechanisms and to reform and develop professionalism, accountability and capacity of the security and justice institutions in the state.
When implementing this mandate, the MOS is responsible for providing the democratic and civilian oversight over the following entities “the State Police, the State Intelligence Agency, etc”. The MOS shall also ensure effective partnership and coordination between state and non-state security and justice actors and seek participation from parliamentary and civil society organizations.
The MOS has embarked on a programme to build its capacity to become a fully functional Ministry, which includes the recruitment of expert advisors and officers within the different institutions/services under its portfolio, who are expected to eventually form part of the staffing structure of the Ministry.
Specific challenges and priorities regarding security and justice in Galmudug state are some intermittent clan-inter-fighting over the disputed grassing land and water resources. There are also some security disturbances with regard to clashes between AS and the residents in the remote villages into the East of the state. In light of the recent security incidents, there is high possibility of high-profile assassination targeting, vehicle -borne and person-borne improvised explosive devise attacks in the process of the forth coming national election constituencies and electorates to deter them from the participation of the political participations.
|II. Job description|
|The Human Resources officer is a senior position within the MOS. The Human Resources consultant should have solid experience and good knowledge of human resources management and personnel matters, including human resources policies, planning staffing needs, contracting of staff and developing human resources policies. Importantly, the Human Resources person must hold great “people-person” skills and professional attitude, be self-motivated and ready to take responsibility for deliverables as an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team.
The Human Resources officer will report directly to the Director General of MOS and carry out the following tasks:
· Develop and review HR policies.
· Plan short- and long-term manpower requirements for the MOS, vacant positions and staffing needs.
· Create and upgrade job descriptions.
· In charge of contracting and managing of contracts for all ministry staff.
· Responsible for Human Resource Management including setting up and managing a data base for all employed staff that to keep records (holidays, vacancies, sick leave, other absence, dismissals, pensioning, rewards, disciplinary actions etc).
· Keeping and overseeing attendance records on daily bases.
· Management of the Payroll system for Ministry staff.
· Determination and computation of salaries and bonuses; information of financial section.
· Ensure health and safety of staff and security of facilities.
· Monitor and inform new employees of their responsibilities and deliverables.
· Give suggestions on how to motivate staff.
· HRD (Trainings): Training Plan, Design/manuals, M&E of training, training certificates.
· Support the procurement of trainers, training facilities etc.
· Support and oversee internship programs.
· Organize annual employees meeting.
· Prepare monthly, quarterly HR annual reports
|III. Key measurable deliverables for JSSGP|
|· Develop comprehensive human resources policy package for MOS in accordance with applicable rules and regulations
· A well-functioning employment system containing all employees updated human resources files
|· Monthly Activities Report. A report on activities undertaken for the month in the execution of your duties and responsibilities.|
|V. Recruitment Qualifications and Competencies|
|Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources management or Business administration (human resources option); Master’s degree will highly be preferable.
· At least 3 years of experience in human resources management;
· Knowledge and understanding of human resources management and career development
· IT – in particular MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point.
· No criminal record.
· No evidence of any criminal of terrorist associations.
· Fluent in written and spoken Somali and English
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are required to submit their expression of interest with updated CVs and cover letter to: JSSGPjobs@gmail.com / email@example.com with the subject line clearly marked with the TITLE of the Position you are applying for not later than 19 of Jan 2021 at mid night.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply this position. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted due to huge volume of application.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1415 total views, 5 today