Human Rights and Gender Officer – Dhusamareb, Galmudug, Somalia
- Job category: Human Rights Affairs
- Post date:22 Oct 2020
- Share job:
GALMUDUG SATE OF SOMALIA
TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR)
Title of Position: Human Rights and Gender Officer
Organization: Ministry of Internal Security of Galmudug State
Location: Dusamareb, Galmudug
Occupational Groups: Human Rights and Gender affairs
Closing Date: Oct 31, 2020
Contract nature: Temporary
Galmudug state of Somalia is inviting all qualified candidates to apply for the following position that promotes human rights, encourages gender mainstreaming and People with Disabilities to apply.
The ministry of internal security (MOIS) has vital mission to secure the Galmudug state of Somalia and make it safer and better place for all the citizens, where peace and prosperity can be in the horizon in the immediate future and human rights is fully respected and rule of law is well-exercised above the comfort of a few.
Bringing these dreams to reality requires a complete resource mobilization; one of which is human expertise pool for the Ministry to deliver its mandates to the citizens in timely manner.
Therefore, the ministry of internal security of Galmudug state of Somalia is currently looking for an acknowledgeable human rights and gender assistant to be officer hired.
Scope of work
By adhering to gender equality and rights-based approach, MoIS endorses equal access, non-discrimination, participation, transparency, accountability and the framing of planning programming within realms international rights conventions. The Human Rights and Gender Officer will be mandated to promote and strengthen the adaptation of those core values, advocating for change, developing and mainstreaming of gender and human rights-based approach throughout all programs in the Ministry and all other through Galmudug institutions.
Reporting: The information and communication technology office will report the Director General unless other is decided.
The candidates for the position should Bachelor’s degree but master degree will be an advantage within human rights, law, international relations or any other related field of study from a accredited university with substantial working experience.
- The overall responsibility of Human Rights and Gender officer is to support MOIS program and operations in mainstreaming gender and human rights to meet the strategic objectives of the ministry of internal security and Galmudug.
- To assist gender unit in developing and translates training materials and organize needs-based training for Ministry staff.
- In coordination with programs units, identifies and develop contextualized toolkits and training materials on gender and human rights issues.
- To maintain linkages and network with human rights and gender civil society organizations and other stakeholders in the state and beyond.
- To participate in MOIS advocacy efforts at all levels while strengthening supported national advocacy efforts.
- To participate in internal gender and human rights coordination meetings
- To initiate development of case studies and success stories from the impact/result of MOIS intervention in people life.
- To monitor gender progress and gaps on regular basis within the programs across the ministry initiation programs.
- To participate in developing applications, plans, survey, assessments, budget and to provide monthly report to the programs team on regular basis.
- To maintain a proper filing system in the respective sector offices and perform other duties as required
- Provide input and agenda on gender and human rights issues in programmes
Interested qualified candidates should submit their CVs with a cover letter explaining their interests in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
For application, please send your application CV to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Oct 31, 2020. Subject line be marked with: Human Rights and Gender officer, otherwise your application may not have been considered. Academic certificates need to be submitted at later date upon request. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for the position. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for the position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1716 total views, 8 today