Human Rights Officer, Monitoring and Investigation (2) – Jijiga Branch Office, Somali Regional state of Ethiopia
- Job category: Human Rights Affairs
- Post date:21 Apr 2021
- Share job:
Ethiopian Human Right Commission
Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following positions.
REPORT TO : Head of Branch Office
DURATION : 1 year fixed term contract (as a project based fixed term hire) but with a possibility of moving to long term employment in line with the new organizational design
SALARY RANGE : Gross monthly salary of ETB 19,157.00 – ETB 22,817.00 plus 20% benefits, depending on candidates qualification, experience and earning history
Purpose of the Job:
Manage individual human rights complaints, plan, and implement monitoring of places of detention and emergencies, finalize reports and issue recommendations. Develop and implement advocacy and follow up strategy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage investigation of human rights complaints assigned to him/her,
- Contribute to decisions in consultation with coordinators and Senior Human Rights Officers.
- Conduct monitoring of places of detention and draft reports
- Conduct human rights monitoring during emergencies
- Issue recommendations: develop and implement advocacy and follow up strategy
- Proposes areas for systemic investigation and refer them to thematic functions in consultation with the Head of Branch Office.
- Manage partnerships and relationships with stakeholders
- Conducts research on human rights issues as appropriate
- Provide input on revisions of systems, policies, guidelines, manuals, and tools
Qualifications and Experience:
- MA/BA Degree in LLM, Human Rights Law, International Law, Gender Studies, Civic Education, Political Science, or related fields.
- 4 years of relevant experience for BA and 2 years of relevant experience for MA;
- Proficient computer skills.
- Proficiency in Amharic is required and knowledge of regional working languages is advantageous.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: HRM@ehrc.org
- Women candidates are encouraged to apply
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and written exam
- The selection process will be solely based on interview and written exam
- Internal successful candidates will be required to resign from their current position to take up the new role.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 5th of May 2021.
JOIN US – SOMALIJOBS SOCIAL MEDIA ACOUNTS:
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
866 total views, 7 today