ICT and Media Consultant – Somalia
ICT and Media Consultant
The ICT and Media Consultant will be responsible for providing technical ICT support and improve the Microsoft dynamics system at the country office and the other area offices.
Duties and responsibilities:
Microsoft-Dynamics System Maintenance and Improvement:
- Work with Microsoft system developer and ensure all PAC required functions are met in the e-system
- Ensure standardization and SOPs are in place for the country office and field staff with regards to Microsoft-dynamics system.
- Implement PAC ICT policies and guidelines that includes Microsoft-dynamics and ensure system security is up-to-date.
- Create a new user in Microsoft-dynamics for new employee of PAC.
- Work with relevant department managers to identify their gaps in the system and help them improve where applicable.
- Ensure network access privileges, applications, data storage and regular backups are configured and maintained
- Implement and update a data recovery plan (back up).
- Develop a semi-year work plan that will address all outstanding activities in Microsoft dynamics system.
- Follow up with Microsoft system developer to shift from server dependent login to website login.
IT and Communication Functions:
- Schedule computer related services, maintenance and license renewals
- Ensure installation and maintenance of online security services (anti-viruses and firewalls)
- Plan network upgrades, expansions and replacements
- Provide ICT support and trainings to staff, and follow up with a record book.
- Participate in the procurement processes of ICT equipment.
- Maintain inventory of ICT equipment, hardware, and software and ensure adequate supply and functionality, in collaboration with relevant staff.
- Develop a data recovery plan (back up) in all office computers and follow up with them to make back ups by the end of each month.
- Provide an external hard desk to back up all data of the organization and update it on monthly basis.
- Update PAC website with relevant project activities with the help of PAC-UK team.
- Activate and update all PAC-Somalia SM platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc.) to increase visibility on daily basis.
- Support in the design of PAC Annual newsletters.
- Prepare a case studies on PAC projects in Somalia including video clips, pictures and written reports.
- Record and Document all photo shoots in one album for donor requirements.
- Help PAC program team in designing the reporting formats, templates as well as statistical analysis by using the newest ICT software.
Training and capacity building:
- Provide on-job training to ICT and Media staff at office level.
- Train the new employees of PAC on the system and assign them their roles and responsibilities in the system in line with their job requirements.
- Conduct on-job training to field users in line with their limitation in the system.
- At least five (5) years of experience working in ICT with an International NGO, non-profit organizations or government institutions.
- The candidate must hold at least a bachelor degree in IT or BA or finance.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems particularly Microsoft dynamics and overseeing program start-up under limited time constraints as well as program close-out is highly desired
- Experience working in developing countries is required, preferably in a fragile or transitional state environment.
- Experience working in Somalia or other East African countries preferred
- Experience working in security challenged environments preferred
- Fluency in English is required
- Willingness to work for extended durations in Somalia
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent in using Microsoft, word, excel and Power Point.
Contract Duration: One year.
- Please attach your CV and send via firstname.lastname@example.org
by February 28, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. PAC will contact finalists.
PAC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors. It values the protection of your personal data.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1005 total views, 32 today