ICT OFFICER -Dhusamareb, Galmudug,Somalia
- Job category: ICT/Technology/Computers
- Post date:22 Oct 2020
- Share job:
GALMUDUG STATE OF SOMALIA
TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR)
Title of Position: ICT OFFICER
Organization: Ministry of Internal Security of Galmudug State
Location: Dhusamareb, Galmudug
Occupational Groups: Information and Communication Technology
Closing Date: Oct 31, 2020
Contract nature: Temporary
ICT officer will be responsible for the and ensure the whole ministry data base, monitor and maintain the ministry computer systems, installs and configures hardware and software and solves technical problems. Because of the nature of the job, he/she provides helpdesk and oversee troubleshooting for system errors. S/he is also required to set up equipment for new users and employees.
The ministry of internal security (MOIS) has vital mission to secure the Galmudug state of Somalia and make it safer and better place for all the citizens, where peace and prosperity can be in the horizon in the immediate future, human rights is fully respected and rule of law is well-exercised above the individual interests.
Bringing these dreams to reality requires a complete resource mobilization; one of which is human expertise pool for the Ministry to deliver its mandates to the citizens in timely manner.
Therefore, the ministry of internal security of Galmudug state of Somalia is currently looking for an acknowledgeable ICT assistant officer
Roles and responsibilities
- Manages the overall technology infrastructure including implementation and management of the software applications and hardware infrastructure that support operations of the ministry.
- Takes the team for the biometric registrations of the Galmudug state polices units throughout the recruitment, screening and selection processes.
- Server set up management and general computer support software installations and upgrades updates of operating systems and user applications.
- Networking and setting up policy guidelines;
- Deployment of equipment; setup and support audio/visual equipment for presentations and trainings and updates and maintains the ICT equipment inventory;
- Informs and trains Ministry staff on how to adhere to security ICT policies and train new and current employees on computer software and ICT systems
The ICT officer will report the Director General unless otherwise is decided.
Bachelor’s degree or higher within information technologies with substantial working experience within relevant fields and have obtained and maintained relevant certificates.
- Minimum of three (3) years within the ICT technical field
- Experience in handling servers and related access management control
- Experience in drafting reports and good understanding in translation in languages.
- Ability to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines to deliver on time.
- Ability to work with results-orientation and efficiency in a multi-tasking environment
- Flexibility, responsibility, integrity, team work, self-motivated, preparedness to work off-time
- Ability to perform effectively under high pressure, hardship conditions and long working hours
· Understanding existing and emerging technologies
· Designing technical architecture
· Understands the Integrating systems
· Understands Planning, prioritizing of work scheduling
· Communicating and listening; gathering information
· Thinks strategically to achieve the goals set
· Being adaptable
Fluent in writing, speaking in both English and Somali and translates each into other.
Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
To apply please send your application / CV to email@example.com not later than 31 of October 2020. Subject line must be: (Application for ICT officer), otherwise your application may not be considered. Academic certificates to be submitted at later date upon a request.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for the position.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1115 total views, 2 today