Infection Control & Prevention Nurse (IPC Nurse) – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:7 Apr 2021
- Job expires in: 11 days
- Share job:
—– JOIN SOMALIJOBS FACEBOOK GROUP: —-
POSITION: Infection Control & Prevention Nurse (IPC Nurse)
|Department:||First Aid Program|
|Reports To:||FA Focal Person Mogadishu|
|Direct Reports:||FA Focal Person Mogadishu|
|Liaising with:||SRCS Health Department|
The Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) is an independent, non-political humanitarian organization founded in April 1963 and was established with presidential decree No. 187 in 1965. The ICRC then recognized it in 1969 and became a member of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies in the same year.
This position is 3-month position to cover the needs of the program during the peak of the pandemic (Covid-19) and ensure the infectious control set up and procedures are fully implemented and practiced. Also, to ensure and familiar with organization, department and job specific Environment of Care areas, including Life Safety, Hazardous Materials, Communications, Emergency Preparedness, and general Infection Control.
He/she will plan, coordinate and participate to take a lead role in ensuring that Infection, Prevention and Control is in line with best practice guidelines and the Safe way of responding by the all the SRCS Ambulance Responders
He/she will ensure in adhering to the Standard Precautions as appropriate; which are the use of protective barriers, (e.g., gloves, masks, gowns, pocket masks, and/or safety glasses); handling and disposing of infectious waste appropriately and hand washing as appropriate.
The IPC Nurse will observe, report and take appropriate action on any matter which may be detrimental to staff and/or service user care or well-being / may be inhibiting the efficient provision of care.
She/he will provide monthly inventory of the hygiene stock and to make the monthly order to the logistical department accordingly.
The IPC Nurse Will Provide leadership in clinical control & prevention practice and act as a resource and role model for infection prevention and control by attempting and daily monitoring the disinfection & sterilization of the Ambulance responder’s uniforms and the Ambulances medical equipment after use.
Specific Responsibilities of the First Aid focal person:
- Assist the crew in disinfection of ambulances between runs
- Be responsible for the disinfection of uniforms & clothes for the crew and disinfection & sterilization of the ambulance medical equipment
- Ensure proper use of PPE & Safeguard IPC procedures by all staff as well as taking the lead role in ensuring that Infection Prevention and Control is in line with best practice guidelines and the Safe way of responding ART
- Conduct Covid-19 & Infection diseases prevention training for the AR and organize and lead Infection Control Seminars for the ARTs.
- Provide support and supportive supervision to Ambulance responder team where appropriate.
- Provide leadership in clinical practice and act as a resource and role model for infection prevention and control practice.
- Observe, report and take appropriate action on any matter which may be detrimental to staff and/or service user care or well-being / may be inhibiting the efficient provision of care
- To perform the monthly inventory of the hygiene stock and to make the monthly order to the logistical department accordingly.
- In collaboration with Ambulance responder team to supervise the treatment of the linen according to standard guidelines and to perform the monthly inventory of the laundry stock and to make the monthly order to the logistical department.
- To prepare all necessary reports addressing problems with First Aid Manager and FA Focal Point, participate in the monthly FA report, and to give recommendations to improve the hygiene in the ART in collaboration with First Aid Focal point, FA assistant.
The responsibilities mentioned above are not exhaustive and other work can be required according to the needs of the project. This JD defines the guiding principles specific to the Infection Control which must be respected when carrying out the abovementioned tasks
This job description can be modified according to the evolution of work.
Experience and Knowledge
- Advanced/High Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Community health/Public health, Nursing or related field
- Advanced Computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Good verbal and written communication skills, excellent reporting skills.
- English is an asset (possible training and meetings out of Somalia, other trainings and meetings in English).
- 2 Years work experience in the field of sterilization, Infection control & Prevention
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their updated CV, cover letter, and copy of their certificates to: email@example.com
Note: applications which do not meet the above requirements will not be considered. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted. Please write the position you are applying on the subject line.
Deadline for Applications: April 29, 2021
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2418 total views, 8 today