Information Analyst – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: ICT/Technology/Computers
- Post date:25 Mar 2021
- Share job:
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Under the direct supervision of Chief Joint Operations Center (JoC/IIH), the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Monitoring and reporting:
- Seek and maintain a high degree of situational awareness and understanding of events, developments and trends in the mission area, including through effective cooperation, coordination and information sharing, using both formal and informal means with UN entities (mission and UNCT and in particular UNSOM’s field offices), with the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) and with other international organizations and NGOs.
- Monitor major developments (political, governance, humanitarian, human rights, military, security and economic development), following the actions of relevant actors (including intergovernmental organizations, governments, non-governmental organizations, civil society, political institutions, armed actors (formal armies and informal rebel groups, militias, etc.) etc.;
- Prepare and collate integrated reports (including daily and weekly reports) about significant developments in the situation in the country and region for review and eventual dissemination within the mission and to headquarters.
- Maintain and train mission staff on the use of appropriate databases, including the SAGE system, of submitted reports for ready access by appropriate Mission components.
- Maintain and introduce the mission staff to the use of Power Bi applications and related dashboards; produce related visuals for reporting and briefing.
- As necessary, research and draft special reports related to operational issues, draft Code Cables addressing current operations, and official e-mails;
- Crisis management support:
- Under the supervision of IIH leadership and the Chief of Staff, support crisis management secretariat activities which include reporting, information management, and simulation exercises – in particular with field offices.
- Coordination of operations:
- (g) Support the organization of operational coordination meetings, as required, liaising with mission sections and the UNCT;
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Master degree or equivalent
University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in international relations, political science, law, communications, information systems or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience undertaking operational and analytical work in the field of international affairs, international security, humanitarian affairs, development or journalism.
- Experience in a UN field mission or equivalent experience is desirable.
- Working experience in the Horn of Africa is desirable.
- Experience working in a Situation Centre or Joint Operations Centre, or a similar operational environment is desirable.
- Experience in using SAGE, Power BI, Microsoft Office and high IT awareness desirable.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Other communications related experience
- Communications, Information systems
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams, Integrity
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 07 April 2021
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1516 total views, 1 today