Information and Technology Officer
- Job category: ICT/Technology/Computers
- Post date:12 Nov 2019
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
Position Title : Information and Technology Officer
Duty Station : Mogadishu, Somalia
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 13 November 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
Candidates from the following non-represented member states: Antigua and Barbuda; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Cook Islands; Cuba; Djibouti; El Salvador; Fiji; Gabon; Grenada; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Libya; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Papua New Guinea; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM), direct supervision of the Senior Resources Management Officer in Somalia, and in close coordination with Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in Headquarters (HQs) and Manila, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for coordinating the Information Technology component of all IOM operations under the purview of the Country Office (CO). Specifically, s/he will administer, supervise and prioritize ITC technical support of IOM operations in Somalia and its sub-offices. S/he will participate in the IOM IT infrastructure evolution and ensure timely responses to all business requirements in support of IOM operations in Somalia.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Supervise and coordinate the activities of the ITC unit in Somalia, ensuring that all requests are addressed timely and accurately with efficient allocation of resources. Assist the administration in the adequate planning and provision of IT resources for the CO.
Plan for systems upgrades and IT infrastructure changes in line with IOM ITC Standards and in close coordination with the Information Technology and Communications Service Centre in Manila. Install systems, network components, and software. Suggest optimal technical solutions to achieve required standards while taking into consideration local technical constraints.
Secure the implementation of IOM ITC Standards, policies, and guidelines, in particular with regards to implementation of network systems, IT security, software licensing, telecoms, and ITC procurement.
Monitor daily country office-critical application’s such as the Migrant Management Operational Systems Application (MiMOSA) and the SAP-based Processes and Resources Integrated Systems Management. Liaise effectively with technical counterparts for the proper functioning and availability of those systems. Assist with end-user training when required.
Ensure the required performance and stability of network services and servers (LAN, WAN, messaging, Internet and VSATs connectivity, VPN, etc.), to prevent and minimize downtime or service interruptions.
Ensure daily monitoring and adequate completion of server backups.
Develop and implement, when necessary, ITC training to all end users to ensure productive use of IT and telecommunications resources.
Provide remote technical support to all IOM Somalia offices. Conduct on-site visits when necessary.
Maintain the office’s ITC inventory for hardware and software (safeguarding media and licenses), including regular updates to the technical documentation of IT networks.
Liaise with ITC service providers and vendors for the adequate provision of supplies and services.
Advise mission management as necessary, for the required improvements on mission IT infrastructure and provision of services as required for the efficient functioning of mission operations.
Travel to support sub-offices when necessary.
Provide technical infrastructural ITC services to other UN Agencies, Funds and Programs renting office space to IOM Somalia mission and hosted within IOM Somalia premises.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Information Technology or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in managing a medium to large scale systems/networking environment;
• Experience in design of a large scale global implementation of Exchange 2003 and 2010;
• Knowledge of Exchange 2003 and 2010 Server design/implementation a plus; Extensive knowledge of Exchange 2003 and 2010 architecture, Windows 2000, Window 2003, Windows
2008 and Active Directory; knowledge of anti-virus/content filtering software deployment/support;
• Demonstrated experience in large-scale email migration and integration projects proficient with
Exchange 2003/2010, DNS Server and Internet Protocols;
• Ability to integrate Exchange Server with best of breed third party management tools, familiarity with end to end automation of Exchange dependent business and operational processes Exchange Server related programming skills are a plus;
• Familiarity with different types of messaging connectors;
• Ability to troubleshoot Exchange 2003/2010/Outlook Client issues;
• Ability to provide end-user support to messaging clients;
• Knowledgeable on VHF/UHF radios, VHF mobile/base station, HF mobile/base station and
Panasonic PABX system a big plus;
• Knowledge of Cisco Products (Routers, PIX Firewall, ASA Firewall, VPN, etc.);
• Must possess an in-depth understanding of the capabilities of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Designer 2010 with a thorough knowledge of architectural design, web parts development, management and troubleshooting with a focus on planning, deploying and supporting enterprise SharePoint implementations;
• Experience configuring and working with Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and SQL Server 2008 and Visual Studio 2010 required;
• MCTS SharePoint 2010 with experience in managing information management a distinct advantage;
• Knowledge of Windows 2000/2003 MCSE or MCSA a plus.
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Somali, French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link. https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 13 November 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: SVN 2019/304 (P)Information and Technology Officer (P2) – Mogadishu,Somalia (56216573) Released
Posting: Posting NC56216574 (56216574) Released
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
5361 total views, 7 today