Information Technology Officer – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: ICT/Technology/Computers
- Post date:1 Apr 2021
- Share job:
Scope of Work (SOW)
Information Technology Officer
Somalia Bar ama Baro, BAB “Teach or Learn” Program
|I. General Information|
|Position||Information Technology Officer (IT)|
|Project Name||Bar ama Baro (BAB) Project|
|Contract period||12 months|
|Location||Federal MOECHE, Mogadishu, Somalia|
|Reporting lines||BAB Project Advisor at MOECHE & Head of ICT Department|
|II. Background Information|
The USAID/Somalia Bar ama Baro (BAB) Program works to increase access to quality education for a targeted number of out-of-school children and youth (ages 8-15) in specific regions of Somalia. The program will work to increase student enrollment in alternative education program sites, improve their safety, monitor acquisition of literacy, numeracy, and socio-emotional skills among the learners who enroll in them, and enhance the Federal Government of Somalia’s capacity to regulate them.
|III. Position Summary|
The IT officer will provide technical support to the Education Management Information System (EMIS) at Federal & State-level to expand the system and incorporate ABE dashboard to capture the information and the enrolment data of the ABE centres. S/he will build the capacity of the MoECHE in this area, through providing direct support and capacity building to the relevant section.
|IV. Key responsibilities|
- Develop an ABE EMIS database that integrated an ABE data entry as offline/online that has capabilities to promptly provide inquiry-based education statistics and indicators for information-based planning, decision making, monitoring and evaluation.
- Design development of flexibility mechanisms in database design to adapt/accept the changes in data that may be required in operating the system.
- Ensure software design is capable of decentralization, integration and expansion the ABE data up to school level. Supervise decentralizing, integrating and expanding the system up to school level.
- Design and supervise development of full features of ABE EMIS sector including:
- Reporting mechanisms on periodical basis (daily, monthly, annually);
- Provide user-friendly, computer-based, online/offline data entry/access, inquiry, and reporting facilities.
- Provide an option of first entering the data off-line (and storing locally), and uploading the data to the central database later directly from the local files (e.g., MS Excel, PDF data entry forms that can be uploaded to the web-based data entry system);
- Ensures that existing ICT infrastructure is functional and carries out regular maintenance.
- Training the technical team, IT and Planning staff in the use, maintenance and functionalities of the EMIS ABE sector system.
|VI. Key Qualifications|
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Minimum three years of experience in a similar role
- Proficient in several programming languages
- Specific strong technical experience in developing EMIS systems for at least two years.
- Experienced writing code
- Familiar with a range of software and hardware
- Excellent analytical, presentation, and reporting skills
- Must be willing to travel and work in a challenging environment.
- Must be willing to be based at the Ministry of Education, Culture and Higher Education in Mogadishu
- Proficiency in the use of computer software (Microsoft, power Point, Word Perfect, Outlook, excel and the internet)
- Experience in managing and mentoring staff and promoting
- Excellent verbal and written English skills, particularly communication and presentation skills for diverse audiences
|VII. Core Values & Critical Key Competencies|
Respect, Integrity, Commitment, Diversity, Stress Tolerance, communicating with Impact, Excellence and Building Partnerships.
|VII. How to Apply|
Send electronic submissions of updated resume & cover letter to Recruitment@crea-bab.com
With the subject line indicating Application for IT Officer – MoECHE Mogadishu Somalia.
Deadline 7th April 2021.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1885 total views, 1 today