Infrastructure Engineer (Short Term Technical Assistance – STTA) – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Engineering/Construction Work
- Post date:5 Apr 2021
- Share job:
Somalia Bar ama Baro, BAB “Teach or Learn” Program
Position Title: Infrastructure Engineer (Short Term Technical Assistance – STTA)
Position Location: Mogadishu, Somalia with frequent travel to all project target areas.
Duration: 90 days
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The USAID Bar Ama Baro (BAB) program works to increase access to quality Alternative Basic Education (ABE) for a targeted number of out-of-school children and youth (ages 8-15) in specific regions of Somalia. The program aims to achieve:
- Increased enrolment of students in alternative basic education.
- The safety of ABE learning environments is improved.
- Student learning outcomes in ABE is improved.
- The capacity of the Government to regulate the ABE sub-sector is enhanced.
- Youth civic engagement is enhanced.
The BAB program targets a specific number of schools (and learning facilitates) in South West, Hirshabelle, and Benadir region.
The infrastructure engineer will be responsible for all program activities related to the implementation of construction/rehabilitation works in BAB target schools and learning facilities in Mogadishu, Barawe, Wanlaweyn, Balcad, Jowhar, Dinsoor and Baidoa.
- Responsible for conducting the infrastructural, risk and safety assessment in 200 BAB target schools in South West, Hirshabelle and Benadir region.
- Through agreed upon survey methodologies and established prioritization criteria identify suitable locations for the implementation of the construction activities for the project.
- Responsible for the development of technical and architectural designs, BOQs for renovation/rehabilitation and construction of new classrooms/WASH facilities as per the assessment report.
- Support the development of technical specifications for tendering/procurement process for the BAB target schools.
- Oversee the construction work and ensure quality standards are met.
- Confirm completion of construction works as per the standards.
- Report any variations with implementation of construction activities where necessary and update program management team.
- Provide technical support to the program management team.
- Develop and maintain good relationships and lines of communication with relevant local authorities and communities, explaining project activities.
- Infrastructural, risk and safety assessment tools
- Infrastructural, risk and safety assessment report.
- Technical designs, BOQs etc for the BAB target schools (both rehabilitation and construction).
- Support with technical inputs to tendering documents.
- Weekly progress report.
- Completion of works and final report.
The consultant will report directly and administratively to the Senior Education Advisor.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A degree in civil or architectural engineering, with experience in WASH engineering and hygiene promotion activities and education projects in an NGO context.
- Extensive experience (minimal 4 years) of infrastructure engineering in Somalia.
- Ability to travel in Somalia specifically in South West, Hirshabelle and Benadir.
- Experience in quantity surveying, project design, implementation and evaluation.
- Ability to write clear, well-argued technical assessment and project reports.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with Government, donors and international NGOs programming.
Consultant will be obliged to maintain confidentiality regarding all information obtained in the course of his/her work during this engagement and thereafter.
How to apply:
Send electronic submissions of updated resume & cover letter to Recruitment@crea-bab.com
With the subject line indicating Application for Infrastructure Engineer Consultant – Mogadishu Somali
Deadline April 15, 2021.
Creative Associates International Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1853 total views, 2 today