- Job category: Audit/Auditor
- Post date:3 Oct 2019
- Share job:
IBS Bank is a sharia compliant commercial bank licensed by the Central Bank of Somalia. The Bank’s mission is to be a trans-formative financial solutions provider for a better society, and has a vision to be the leading and innovative international Islamic Financial Institution (IFI). As a peoples’ bank, it positions itself as an attractive place to work in.
THE POSITION: Internal Auditor
IBS Bank is looking to fill the position of an internal auditor.
The primary role of the job is to continuously assist in the establishment, development and evaluation of a company’s internal controls monitoring and enforcement over financial practice, culture, reporting, compliance and business operations. The role of the internal auditor will be to first and foremost plan and carry out company-wide internal audits in accordance with annual audit objectives, and hold opening and closing meetings with management, including providing all audit reports. In all the aspects of internal audit the overall aim is to establish a strong and solid financial fundamentals and base for the bank.
The role reports to the Audit Committee of the Board and with a line to the CEO of the bank.
Position: Internal Auditor
Job type: Full time
Internal Auditor duties and responsibilities of the job
The duties and responsibilities of the Internal Auditor include:
- Setting up an effective auditing framework and comprehensive annual audit plans
- Undertaking internal audits to ensure the company meets its financial, and related operational and compliance objectives
- Supporting the development of an assurance planning reporting process to both management and the Board
- Reporting on control deficiencies to management and the Board and making recommendations to mitigate risk and add value
- Challenging current processes across the company and identify opportunities for refinement
- Engaging on remedial actions on identified issues through follow-up
- Playing an active role in the maintenance and review of policies and procedures, including ensuring they are up to date with all legislation and best practices
- Communicating with a variety of stakeholders across the bank
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Set up key annual audit objectives before the beginning of the year in consultation with management and the Audit Committee of the Board
- Set up standards to be achieved by each unit in the course of the year in consultation with the various sections of the bank
- Set up and obtain the Board audit committee approval for the annual audit schedule
- Carry out the audit schedules according to approved plan
- Make regular reports to management and the Audit Committee of the Board
- Cause to happen the necessary remedial actions and the application of recognition or consequence management
- Ensure relevant policies are reviewed to address weaknesses or the required strengthening
Internal Auditor job qualifications and requirements Education:
- A degree in one of the following fields: Accountancy, Economics, Finance, Business as well as possess professional qualifications in accountancy issued by an internationally recognized body. Computer skills are necessary.
Other Personal skills
Suitable candidates will be expected to display the following qualities:
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Organization and time-management skills
- Ability to assess, identify and evaluate risk, plus establish cause and prescribe and enforce solutions
- Excellent reporting skills
- The ability to keep calm under pressure, especially when there are tight deadlines and in difficult situations
- The ability to think objectively
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written is a must.
The ideal candidate is expected to have worked as an auditor for not less than 4 years in a senior managerial position.
If you believe you meet the above specifications, send your application letter and curriculum vitae mentioning your current/last work with copies of your credentials before 31 October 2019, to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Liban.email@example.com
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1228 total views, 1 today