Internal Auditor – Garowe, Puntland, Somalia
- Job category: Audit/Auditor
- Post date:7 Nov 2021
- Share job:
JOB VACANCY – AMAL EXPRESS INTERNAL AUDITOR
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Location: Garowe, Puntland Somalia
Reporting to: Audit/HR Committee
Internal Audit is responsible for performing and executing financial and operational in order to review the quality and effectiveness of the controls within the Amal Express and to manage/mitigate risk and protect the assets of Amal Express. Performance is judged based on the quality of work, application of sound methodologies and ability to meet time constraints.
You can expect a different experience working at AMAL which has set itself an ambitious plan for the future because we are serious about becoming a leading financial institution in Africa; one that is now changing for future expansion; one where you play an active role in your career; and one where you have the opportunity to make an impact.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Internal Audit & Investigations Manager is given a wide variety of diversified audit and investigative assignments. Performance is judged based on the quality of work, application of sound methodologies for controlling operation and ability to meet time constraints.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares for and performs financial and operational audits, examinations, internal control reviews and special investigations of all Amal Express operations on a regular basis or as necessary.
- Reports to management/Board on findings. May report directly to Board where necessary.
- Recommends to management/Board any performance and operational improvements where appropriate.
- Plan and schedule audit and examinations of Amal operations, particularly focusing on agent operations worldwide.
- Perform auditing and investigative accounting procedures as planned or assigned by Management.
- Prepare detailed audit/examination reports and workpapers on audit findings.
- Perform field work at Amal locations globally as necessary.
- Perform risk assessment and job responsibility interviews.
- Participate in writing memos and presentations for improved risk management and tighter control environment.
- Carry out general software troubleshooting and usage.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Report to management/Board about asset utilization and audit results, and recommend changes in operations and financial activities.
- Review data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, and expenditures.
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Supervise auditing of operations, and determine scope of investigation required where other audit staff are used.
- Review, analyze, and verify annual reports, financial statements, and other records, using accepted accounting and statistical procedures to assess financial condition and facilitate financial planning.
- Confer with company officials about financial and regulatory matters.
- Inspect cash on hand, bank balances, other deposits/securities, and canceled checks to confirm records are accurate.
- Examine whether the organization’s objectives are reflected in its management activities, and whether employees understand the objectives.
- Examine records and interview workers and agents to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Conduct pre-implementation audits to determine if systems and programs under implementation will work as planned.
- Audit payroll and personnel records to determine workers’ compensation coverage, liabilities, and compliance with employment laws.
- Quality control of Amal Express HQ Departments and agents such as customer care, treasury, Accounting, HR/Admin.
- Risk Assessment
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field.
- 3 – 5 years of accounting/auditing experience.
- Experience of money transfer operations is essential.
- Strong working knowledge and ability to use MS Office and other standard software application tools
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must possess a well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and auditing methodologies.
- Detail-oriented individual with excellent writing and oral communication skills in both English and Somali
- Demonstrates the ability to work on multiple assignments and meet deadlines by setting priorities with jobs/assignments.
- Professional certification preferred (i.e., CPA and CIA).
- Experienced within the Financial Services sector is essential.
- Proficient with computers, spreadsheet software programs and calculators.
- Demonstrates commitment to improve operations and build strong control systems.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and agents.
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision-making.
- Prompt and dependable attendance and excellent time management.
- Should not be fulfilling other duties outside of Amal.
- Frequent same day travel for work at Amal offices using a personal vehicle.
- Regular out-of-town/international travel with overnight stay for work at Amal worldwide locations.
- Should have a travelable passport to travel Africa & Asia.
- Able to work occasional overtime throughout the year.
CV’S WILL BE SENT TO: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Deadline 25th November 2021 (Thursday)
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2535 total views, 1 today