Internship in Outreach and Communication Department at National Independent Election Commission (NIEC) (2 positions)
- Job category: Sales/Marketing/Communication
- Post date:27 Sep 2019
- Share job:
Job Title: Internship in Outreach and Communication Department at National Independent Election Commission (NIEC) (2 positions)
Position Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Creative Associates International Inc. is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
PLEASE NOTE: This internship is in Mogadishu, Somalia. The successful applicant must be a Somalia national and currently in Somalia. No relocation or similar expenses will be paid by Creative Associates. The Intern will be embedded in the National Independent Electoral Commission in Villa Somalia.
The Bringing Unity, Integrity and Legitimacy to Democracy (BUILD) project aims to support electoral and political processes in Somalia by developing the capacity of governmental actors to design and administer electoral processes and by fostering increased citizen and media participation and oversight of the democratic process.
BUILD will work to develop the capacity of the NIEC in the design, development and implementation of electoral processes leading to credible one-person-one-vote elections scheduled for 2020. We are looking for two eligible students/recent graduates to take this opportunity to acquire direct practical experience within Objective Two of BUILD’s project goals; and to develop their capacity, gain knowledge on the electoral cycle in the Somali Context.
Contract duration: 3 months (with possible extension of 3 additional months)
Position Start Date: Immediate
The GESIInterns will work under the direct supervision of the GESI Advisor of NIEC and the Creative’s GESI Advisor works in close collaboration with all NIEC departments and BUILD staff to gain experience in the implementation of gender mainstreaming and social inclusion policies thought the electoral cycle.
- Assist the implementation of the GESI policy and framework.
- Assist the NIEC in fulfilling the gender mainstreaming policy at all levels.
- Co-ordinates assistance and advice to all NIEC department
- Provides weekly reports to the BUILD GESI Advisor
- Carries out any other electoral tasks at the request of the NIEC GESI Advisor and the BUILD GESI Advisor
The Intern will report on a day-to-day basis to the NIEC NIEC GESI Advisor and the BUILD GESI Advisor, also provide with a weekly written update.
The interns will submit a final report of activities and achievement of learning goals.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of NIEC and BUILD
- High degree of personal initiative and willingness to accept a wide range of responsibilities;
- Excellent communication (spoken, written and presentational) skills, including ability to present sensitive issues.
Planning and Organizing:
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills and ability to coordinate the work with others, work to tight deadlines and handle multiple concurrent projects/activities.
Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Enthusiastic interest on GESE and gender mainstreaming
- Able to work effectively in a politically sensitive environment and exercise discretion, impartiality and neutrality.
- Ability to work under pressure and within limited timeframes.
- Good planning, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc)
- In the last year of just graduated for a degree in Women’s Studies, Sociology, Political Science or related subject
How to apply:
Please, sedresumes & cover letter to email@example.com 5 PM on October 15, 2019. Please include the Job Title in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1645 total views, 1 today