Investment Analyst – Hargeisa
- Job category: Investment Affairs
- Post date:14 Jan 2020
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
Job Title: Investment Analyst
Location: Hargeisa, Somaliland (with regular Travel to the whole of Somalia)
Contract: 1 year (renewable)
Start: February 2020
FCA Investments (FCAI), a subsidiary of FCA is seeking to recruit an Investment Analyst with strong finance, analytical and communication skills. We are an impact investor specialising in developing countries and fragile states. We seek to leverage the power of finance as a means to unlock opportunities for communities in areas of the world that are underserved by investing in SME’s while putting impact at the front and centre of our investment decisions. We are currently looking for an investment Analyst to support the team with on-going and future investments, in Somalia.
Analyst Overall Roles:
- Conduct feasibility studies, analysis and market research to create a viable investment pipeline.
- Evaluateinvestment proposals including business plans from potential clients;prepare reportsfor Internal Pre-Investment Committees review.
- Support pre-investment due diligence, strategy analysis, financial modeling and valuationfor the investments under consideration.
- Maintain up-to-date information on the portfolio and provide reports as required by FCAI’s stakeholders.
- Work with the Regional Investment Manager, the CEO and FCA/I staff to establish and maintain senior level engagement and collaborations with community organizations, government bodies and business centers to map out FCAI investment in Somali market with a joint plan.
- Review and analyzeInvestee financial and impact reports so as to provide management with business performance intelligence
- Foster the engagement of the International Development Institutions, potential co-investors and promising SMEs with FCAI to co-design investment interventions and initiatives that improve social, environmental and economic opportunities in Somalia based on a well-designed mechanism.
- Monitor and obtain feedback on Technical Assistance (TA) projects and ownership support.
- Collect, analyze and synthesize key data and market information related to the implementation of FCAI’s intended activities and suggest the best(s) way to move forward.
- Any other investment, management and administrative related responsibilities as may be required/assigned.
- The ideal candidate is self-driven, has excellent people and financialskills and is able to work independently for long periods under sub-optimal circumstances.
- Possesses a bachelor’s in accounting, finance, economics or business with min. 2 years’ experience in a similar role in,banking, Microfinance or consulting. An MBA or CFA qualification is an added advantage.
- Is proficient in Excel, financial modelling and possesses excellent report writing skills.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and a cover letter to Emmanuel Obwori, Emmanuel.Obwori@Kua.fi no later than Tuesday, 28th January 2020. Kindly include referees and share any supporting documents relevant to the CV.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1192 total views, 83 today