Invitation to Apply for Grant Funding: REACT SSA Second Call for Applications – Hirshabelle, Southwest & Banadir, Somalia
- Job category: Grant/Budget/Funds
- Post date:29 Sep 2021
- Job expires in: 4 days
- Share job:
Title: Invitation to apply for grant funding: REACT SSA Second call for applications.
The Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund (AECF), through the Renewable Energy and Climate Technologies in Sub-Saharan Africa (REACT SSA) programme, is supporting private companies that are promoting the use of renewable energy in Somalia. Funded by the Swedish International Development Agency (Sida), the REACT SSA initiative seeks to reduce poverty through a transformational increase in the use of renewable energy by off-grid households.
In the REACT SSA Somalia programme, qualifying companies will receive grants, awarded upon the achievement of mutually agreed milestones. The grants will be given to commercially-viable companies out of which 25 percent will be women owned or managed.
This is the second round of REACT SSA Competition in Somalia, following the successful funding award to
several companies in the first round of the competition.
Companies operationally based in, or strategically planning to invest in the three (3) States of Hirshabelle, Southwest, and Banadir are highly encouraged to apply.
Applicants for the REACT SSA – Somalia grants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a private sector enterprise that are aligned with the focus areas. Joint ventures are allowed (including those who had applied earlier but were unsuccessful)
- Must be legally registered and physically established in Somalia. Registration at both Federal and State-levels are required. The following documents are mandatory:
- Valid company registration documents (business license) from both Federal and State-levels.
- Memorandum and Articles of Association (MEMARTS).
- Company profile.
- Audited financial reports for the past 2 years (2019 and 2020).
- Most recent management accounts of the year 2021.
- Certified bank statements for all current accounts and loan accounts from 1st January 2021 to date.
- Valid tax compliance certificate for the past year.
- Must show a commitment to match AECF funding. Matching contributions are required to demonstrate interest and trust from the wider investor community.
- Request funds amount within the stipulated range of US$ 100,000 – US$ 1.5 million. This is a full grant. The Funding must, however, be used for a specific project in Somalia.
- Be compliant with fundamental in-country and international human rights, labour standards, environmental management laws.
- Must NOT be involved in any act of terrorism or support terrorists’ activities.
- Must allow regular due diligence by AECF
How to Apply
The REACT SSA – Somalia Programme grants will be offered after successfully completing a business plan, financial model reviews, and an elaborate due diligence process.
Applicants are required to complete a REACT SSA an application form available on the AECF website, www.aecfafrica.org. The application must comply with the programme Term Sheet requirements. This includes:
- Outline a business model that is commercially sustainable
- Indicate the methods for coordination with local administration and participating communities
- Support a product that is certified in line with global standardization procedures
- In the case of existing companies, provide a track record of earning revenues and demonstrate sound financial health
- Demonstrate an understanding of the country context and culture
- Outline a targeted approach to connect the peri-urban, rural poor and internally displaced persons (where applicable) to affordable and high-quality clean energy products and services
- Demonstrate how the business model will deliver and sustain social impact in the target markets
- Demonstrate an alignment to the global and respective national environmental management regulations
- Providing comprehensive details of market strategy and financial models covering sales targets, projected cost of sales, operational costs, and the sources of finance.
- Demonstrate how gender analysis has informed the product/service design and how it will impact the project
- Demonstrate how matching funds will be sourced and when the cash will be available
Award winners will be selected based on additionality, value for money and sustainability of their business plans.
Applications must be submitted by the closing date, October 31, 2021, at mid-night (East Africa Time).
For any clarification about the application process, please email: REACTSSASomalia@aecfafrica.org
DISCLAIMER: This call for application is not binding upon The AECF and no legal right or obligations arises therefrom. The AECF reserves the right to determine the structure of the selection process, number of short-listed applicants, the right to withdraw from the process, the right to change timetables at any time without notice and reserves the right to withdraw this call for applications at any time, without prior notice and without incurring any liability to indemnify, compensate and/or reimburse any party whatsoever.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2774 total views, 34 today