Invitation to Bid Consultancy For Third party Monitoring and Verification for GPE Regular Accelerated Funding program in Galmudug, Hirshabelle, South-west, Jubbaland and Banadir, Somalia
- Job category: Tender/Bid/RFQ/RFP
- Post date:12 Jan 2021
- Job expires in: 5 days
- Share job:
INVITATION TO BID FOR CONSULTANCY
|1||Title of Consultancy||Third party Monitoring and Verification for GPE Regular Accelerated Funding program in Galmudug, Hirshabelle, South-west, Jubbaland and Banadir, Somalia.|
|2||SCI Contracting Office||Save the Children
|3||Period of Consultancy||The assignment will be 45 days inclusive of travels. The anticipated dates of the third-party monitoring are Feb 1- April 4, 2021.|
|4||Consultant type required||Individual or Firm.|
|5||Responsibility for Logistics arrangements and Costs||Save the children will pay consultant fee in lumpsum and will not reimburse any occurred costs during assignment. The consultant will cover for their own Logistical arrangements and costs; including food, accommodation and local transport and all cost associated with data collection work and whole activities.|
|6||Taxation Provisions||Consultant shall be responsible for all Taxes arising from the consultancy in line with the local Tax regulations applicable at the SCI contracting office named above|
|7||Travel requirements||The consultant will cover the travel costs (tickets) and arrange local travel to field sites.|
|8||Security requirements||Consultant will comply with standard Save the Children Security procedures, including the completion of SCI online security training prior to travel to Somalia|
|9||Qualification and Experience||The following are minimum requirements for Consultant/Firm to be considered for carrying out the assignment.
• Should have a minimum of Bachelor Degree in social science or equivalent experience and training in education, and/or related fields.
• At least 5 years’ experience in conducting similar work. SC-Somalia is interested to verify related assignments conducted in the past 2 years.
• The technical of consultant should have full access to the areas to be assessed.
• Fluency in English (written, speaking).
• The consultant team should have enough report writing and data analysis skills.
• Technical who doing monitoring should be Somali native and familiar with the current context and fluent in Somali language.
• Considerable track record and proven experience in quantitative and qualitative methods.
|10||Evaluation Criteria||The consultant must meet the above required qualifications and experience.|
|11||Application Procedure||Interested consultants should submit their applications via email to CSS.LOGISTICS@savethechildren.org
The applications should be submitted in PDF format as one document comprising Technical and Financial sections as detailed below.
A Technical proposal including but not limited to;
a) Consultants understanding of the assignment and context
b) Approach to the assignment
d) Key staff biodata
B Financial proposal providing a breakdown of all charges related to the assignment
• Company profile or CVs for technical staff including a minimum of 3 references
• A sample of previously conducted baseline surveys.
Applicants should also indicate the date they are available to start working on the consultancy
All applications MUST be submitted on or before the closing date below to be considered for the assignment.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
|12||Closing date for Applications||Interested consultants shall submit their applications through the email address provided above on 24th th January 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be requested for an interview.
Save the Children (SC) jointly with FGS MoECHE, FMS MoEs (Galmudug, Hirshabelle, Jubbaland, and South West states),Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA), American Refugee Committee (ARC) and Development Action Network (DAN) are implementing Global Partnership for Education (GPE) funded Regular Accelerated Funding with the objective improving educational attainment, safety of Somali girls and boys affected by crisis, contributing to resilience building within increasingly peaceful, secure and democratic environment. The project has four outcomes; increase equitable access to education for emergency-affected children; improved learning outcomes for emergency-affected children, increase gender equity and equality as well as safe return to safety (COVID-19 response outcome).
To verify the key project outputs including ( Output 1.1:Provision of food and water for 10000 children in emergency affected schools, Output 1.2: Construction of 88 temporary classrooms and 50 WASH facilities, Output 1.3 Incentives are paid to 400 teachers and 50 head teachers, Output 2.1: Provision of teaching and learning materials for 10000 emergency affected learners, Output 3.1: Provision of sanitary kits to 3000 girls and uniform for girls in target schools 5000 girls), Save the Children Somalia country office is planning to conduct third part monitoring through hiring professional consultant.
Geographical Coverage and target
Third Part Monitoring will be done on GPE Regular Accelerated Funding activities across Banadir, Galmudug, Hirshabelle, Jubbaland and South West states. Below table shows target area break down per state.
The overall objective of third-party monitoring is to assess and provide detailed analysis of achievements against the project outputs/outcomes through measuring up to date performance of the project. The third-party monitoring is to facilitate a process which will document project outputs and impact and to measure progress achieved, status of major indicators compared to project target per output. Therefore, to improve project accountability and quality programing an independent consultant will be contracted to monitor the project progress and also to ensure whether the project implementation is in line with SCI accountability strategy.
Specific objectives: finding out how the achieved deliverables reflects the project outcomes (Increased equitable access to education for emergency-affected children, and Improved learning outcomes for emergency-affected children).
Ø To assess if the beneficiaries received the intended items distributed (dignity kits) and how these items improved their hygiene.
Ø To assess quality of dignity kit items distributed to beneficiaries and level of satisfaction of beneficiaries.
Ø To assess female learner from vulnerable household received school uniforms, identifying how the selection process was fair, quality and quantity received.
Ø To assess distributed learning and teaching materials weather the schools received the allocated number of items and identifying how these materials contributed learning outcomes of targeted schools.
Ø To assess feeding activities of GPE Accelerated Funding supported schools and identifying how the feeding process reflected to school enrolments.
Assess construction classrooms and WASH facilities in the project supported schools.
SCI Somalia will select a local researcher consultant/firm to conduct the third-party monitoring to verify GPE AF activities. the selected third-part monitoring consultant will be required to prepare detailed research methodology. The prepared methodology should define an appropriate sample size and specify mechanisms that will be adopted to avoid selection bias.
Consultant role and expecting deliverables
1. Producing an Inception report.
2. Develop study design and data collection tools including (qualitative and quantitative data collection tool).
3. Calculate sample size for activities to be monitored (both cluster level and individual sample size)
4. Data collection, cleaning and analysis.
5. draft of evaluation report produced.
6. A finalized third part monitoring report including case studies, existing gaps and recommendations.
7. Data sets (Excel, Stata – for all collected data (quantitative and qualitative). Qualitative data should be transcribed for future use by Save the Children Country Programmes. The data sets should be in an appropriate format (SPSS, Excel, and Word) and will be submitted together with the third part monitoring report.
8. PowerPoint presentation, summarizing the key findings from the third part monitoring submitted together with the final report.
9. Evidence photos with GPS coordinates for the assessed location.
Save the children role
Save the children will provide the following support to the successful consultancy firm/individuals:
1. Project documents including project log-frame and proposal.
2. Provision of target areas and beneficiary lists.
3. Provision of school enrolment.
4. Link Consultant to the relevant stakeholders.
5. Construction BoQs.
6. Other relevant documents.
The consultant will maintain daily contact with the SCI team assigned to manage the monitoring activities. On daily basis data collected will be analyzed by the consultant and given feedback to the teams.
The consultancy will last approximately 30 days including induction and travel days. The days will start on by the time he/she sign the contract.
Terms and Conditions
Consultancy fee: The consultant will come up with his/her own rate which will be subject to negotiation within the bounds of donor requirements and set standards of SC in Somalia the consultant is expected to estimate all relevant costs for the exercise, including costs for data collectors, vehicle rent, venue, stationary, standardization test and accommodation while undertaking activities related to this assignment.
Code of conduct
Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles of child safeguarding, and it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff and other people working for and with Save the Children. Save the Children’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to and the consultant is bound to sign and abide to the Save the Children’s Code of Conduct.
A contract will be signed by the consultant before commencement of the action. The contract will detail terms and conditions of service, aspects on inputs and deliverables. The Consultant will be expected to treat as private and confidential any information disclosed to her/him or with which she/he may come into contact during her/his service. The Consultant will not therefore disclose the same or any particulars thereof to any third party or publish it in any paper without the prior written consent of Save the Children. Any sensitive information (particularly concerning individual children) should be treated as confidential.
An agreement with a consultant will be rendered void if Save the Children discovers any corrupt activities have taken place either during the sourcing, preparation and implementation of the consultancy agreement.
The following attributes are requirements for the selection of the evaluation consultant:
· Be a holder of university degree or equivalent, with a specific competency in humanitarian emergencies.
· Have a significant experience in conducting baseline surveys (Design and methodology, staff recruitment, training, supervision and data analysis) In humanitarian context.
· Familiarity with data analysis applications such as (Excel, STATA, SPSS, RStudio) .
· Be fluent in English, have adult learning skills, Presentation skills and high organizational skills. Prove of ability to contextualize the training will be an added advantage.
· Can independently travel to all the locations.
· Familiarity with Somalia context.
· Excellent report writing skills
Application Procedure & Requirements
Candidates interested in the position are expected to provide the following documentation:
Interested applications should send the specified documents to the following email address.
How to Apply
To submit applications for this consultancy, please send the documentation to: CSS.LOGISTICS@savethechildren.org. (Third party monitoring to verify whether GPE Regular Accelerated Funding program activities are reaching beneficiaries in Gedo, Lower Juba and Middle Shabelle regions of Somalia) as subject of your email. Applications will close on 24th thJanuary2021.
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself. We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will, therefore, be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Child Protection Policy and organizational Code of Conduct. SCI is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
779 total views, 13 today