Invitation to Bid for Consultancy End-line Evaluation of GPE Regular Accelerated Funding project implemented in Galmudug, Hirshabelle, South-west, Jubbaland and Banadir, Somalia
- Job category: Tender/Bid/RFQ/RFP
- Post date:3 Oct 2021
- Share job:
INVITATION TO BID FOR CONSULTANCY
|1||Title of Consultancy||End-line Evaluation of GPE Regular Accelerated Funding project implemented in Galmudug, Hirshabelle, South-west, Jubbaland and Banadir, Somalia.|
|2||SCI Contracting Office||Save the Children
|3||Period of Consultancy||The assignment will be 60 days inclusive of travels. The anticipated dates of the end line evaluation are 1st Nov-31st Dec2021.|
|4||Consultant type required||Individual or Firm.|
|5||Responsibility for Logistics arrangements and Costs||Save the children will pay consultant fee in lumpsum and will not reimburse any incurred costs during assignment. The consultant will cover for their own Logistical arrangements and costs; including food, accommodation and local transport and all cost associated with data collection work and whole activities.|
|6||Taxation Provisions||Consultant shall be responsible for all Taxes arising from the consultancy in line with the local Tax regulations applicable at the SCI contracting office named above|
|7||Travel requirements||The consultant will cover the travel costs (tickets) and arrange local travel to field sites.|
|8||Security requirements||Consultant will comply with standard of Save the Children Security procedures, including the completion of SCI online security training prior to travel to Somalia.|
|9||Qualification and Experience||The following are minimum requirements for Consultant/Firm to be considered for carrying out the assignment.
• Should have a minimum of Bachelor Degree in social science or equivalent experience and training in education, and/or related fields.
• At least 5 years’ experience in conducting similar work (experience on assessment of learning outcome and quality learning environment is mandatory). SC-Somalia is interested to verify related assignments conducted in the past 2 years.
• The technical consultant should have full access to the areas to be assessed.
• Fluency in English (both written, and spoken ).
• The consultants should have report writing and data analysis skills.
• Technical team who are visiting the field for purpose of data collection should be Somali native and familiar with the context and fluent in Somali language.
• Considerable track record and proven experience in quantitative and qualitative methods.
|10||Evaluation Criteria||The consultant must meet the above required qualifications and experience.|
|11||Application Procedure||Interested consultants should submit their applications via email to CSS.LOGISTICS@savethechildren.org
The applications should be submitted in PDF format as one document comprising Technical and Financial sections as detailed below.
A Technical proposal including but not limited to;
a) Consultants understanding of the assignment and context
b) Detailed methodology and sample design
d) Previously survey done
e) Key staff biodata
B Financial proposal providing a breakdown of all charges related to the assignment
• Company profile or CVs for technical staff including a minimum of 3 references
• Previously conducted baseline surveys. Attach contracts as evidence.
Applicants should also indicate the date they are available to start working on the consultancy
All applications MUST be submitted on or before the closing date below to be considered for the assignment.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
|12||Closing date for Applications||Interested consultants shall submit their applications through the email address provided above on 16th Oct 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will be requested for an interview.
Save the Children (SC) jointly with FGS MoECHE, FMS MoEs (Galmudug, Hirshabelle, Jubbaland, and South West states),Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA), American Refugee Committee (ARC) and Development Action Network (DAN) are implementing Global Partnership for Education (GPE AF) Regular Accelerated Funding with the objective improving educational attainment, safety of Somali girls and boys affected by crisis, contributing to resilience building within increasingly peaceful, secure and democratic environment. The project has four outcomes; increase equitable access to education for emergency-affected children; improved learning outcomes for emergency-affected children, increase gender equity and equality as well as safe return to safety (COVID-19 response outcome).
Save the Children Somalia country office is planning to conduct second round of third part monitoring on GPE AF project deliverables through hiring professional consultant, to verify the key project outputs including ( Output 1.1:Provision of food and water for 10000 children in emergency affected schools, Output 1.2: functionality of 88 temporary classrooms and 50 WASH facilities constructed by the project, Output 1.3 Incentives are paid to 400 teachers and 50 head teachers, Output 2.1: Provision of teaching and learning materials for 10000 emergency affected learners, Output 3.1: Provision of sanitary kits to 3000 girls and uniform for girls in target schools 5000 girls) and provision of WASH supplies to 50 schools (liquid soap for students and teachers, hand-sanitizers for teachers).
Geographical Coverage and target
This end-line evaluation will be conducted on GPE Regular Accelerated Funding activities across Banadir, Galmudug, Hirshabelle, Jubbaland and South West states. Below table shows target area break down per state.
The overall objective of the end-line evaluation is to examine whether or not the project improved educational attainment, safety of Somali girls and boys affected by crisis, contributing to resilience building within increasingly peaceful, secure and democratic environment. Specific outcomes for project will be evaluated (outcome1: Equitable access to education for emergency affected children is increased, outcome2: Learning outcomes are improved for emergency affected children).
2.1. Specific objectives: –
· Evaluate learning outcome of GPE AF project using Annual Status for Education report-ASER tool (literacy and arithmetic skills of garde3 learners of GPE AF supported schools).
· Using Washington group of question level of disability of learners will be assessed and correlated with learning outcome.
· To Assess quality learning environments of the GPE AF supported schools Using SCI QLE assessment tool.
· To evaluate the overall project performance/achievements measuring the Relevance, effectiveness, Efficiency, suitability and impact of the projects.
SCI Somalia will select a researcher consultant/firm to carry out end line evaluation on GPE AF education project in Somalia. the selected consultant will be required to prepare detailed research methodology with clearly defined an appropriate sample size and specify mechanisms that will be adopted to avoid selection bias. GPE MEAL coordinator and SCI education technical Specialist will review and approve the methodology proposed by the consultant.
Consultant role and expecting deliverables
1. Preparing an Inception report.
2. Develop study design and data collection tools including (qualitative and quantitative data collection tool).
3. Calculate sample size for activities to be monitored (both cluster level and individual sample size)
4. Data collection, cleaning and analysis.
5. draft of evaluation report produced.
6. A finalized end-line evaluation report including case studies, existing gaps and recommendations.
7. Data sets (Excel, Stata – for all collected data (quantitative and qualitative). Qualitative data should be transcribed for future use by Save the Children Country Programmes. The data sets should be in an appropriate format (SPSS, Excel, and Word) and will be submitted together with the third part monitoring report.
8. PowerPoint presentation, summarizing the key findings from the third part monitoring submitted together with the final report.
9. Evidence photos with GPS coordinates for the assessed location.
Save the children role
Save the children will provide the following support to the successful consultancy firm/individuals:
1. Project documents including detailed project implementation plan.
2. Provision of target areas and beneficiary lists.
3. Provision of school enrolment.
4. Provision of distribution plans and beneficiary lists.
5. Link Consultant to the relevant stakeholders.
6. Other relevant documents.
The consultant will maintain daily contact with the SCI team assigned to manage the monitoring activities. On daily basis data collected will be analyzed by the consultant and given feedback to the teams.
The consultancy work will last approximately 60 days including induction and travel days. The days will start on by the time he/she signs the contract.
Terms and Conditions
Consultancy fee: The consultant will come up with his/her own rate which will be subject to negotiation within the bounds of donor requirements and set standards of SC in Somalia the consultant is expected to estimate all relevant costs for the exercise, including costs for data collectors, vehicle rent, venue, stationary, standardization test and accommodation while undertaking activities related to this assignment.
Code of conduct
Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles of child safeguarding, and it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff and other people working for and with Save the Children. Save the Children’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to and the consultant is bound to sign and abide to the Save the Children’s Code of Conduct.
A contract will be signed by the consultant before commencement of the action. The contract will detail terms and conditions of service, aspects on inputs and deliverables. The Consultant will be expected to treat as private and confidential any information disclosed to her/him or with which she/he may come into contact during her/his service. The Consultant will not therefore disclose the same or any particulars thereof to any third party or publish it in any paper without the prior written consent of Save the Children. Any sensitive information (particularly concerning individual children) should be treated as confidential.
An agreement with a consultant will be rendered void if Save the Children discovers any corrupt activities have taken place either during the sourcing, preparation and implementation of the consultancy agreement.
Interested applications should send the specified documents to the following email address.
How to Apply
To submit applications for this consultancy, please send the documentation to: CSS.LOGISTICS@savethechildren.org. (end-line evaluation of GPE Regular Accelerated Funding project implemented in Galmudug, Hirshabelle, South-west, Jubbaland and Banadir Region-Somalia). as subject of your email. Applications will close on 16th Oct2021.
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself. We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will, therefore, be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Child Protection Policy and organizational Code of Conduct. SCI is an equal opportunity employer.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
957 total views, 1 today