INVITATION TO BID FOR CONSULTANCY Production of video documentary, photographs and collection of human interest stories for OFDA & FFP project in Somalia
- Job category: Consultancy
- Post date:5 Jan 2020
- Share job:
INVITATION TO BID FOR CONSULTANCY
Save the Children International (SCI) Somalia program hereby invites interested consultants to bid for the consultancy assignment detailed below
|1||Title of Consultancy||Production of video documentary, photographs and collection of human interest stories for OFDA & FFP project in Somalia|
|2||SCI Contracting Office||Save the Children
|3||Period of Consultancy||Jan & Feb, 2020|
|4||Consultant type required||Individual or Firm|
|5||Responsibility for Logistics arrangements and Costs||The consultant shall be responsible for the cost related to logistics arrangments, food, accommodation and all other cost associated with the assignment.|
|6||Taxation Provisions||Consultant shall be responsible for all Taxes arising from the consultancy in line with the local Tax regulations applicable at the SCI contracting office named above|
|7||Travel requirements||The consultant shall be responsible for the travel costs (tickets) and arrange local travel to field sites.|
|8||Security requirements||Consultant will comply with standard Save the Children Security procedures, including the completion of SCI online security training prior to travel to Somalia|
|9||Qualification and Experience||
|10||Evaluation Criteria||The consultant must meet the above requiremnets and experience|
|11||Application Procedure||Interested consultants should submit their applications via email to [CSS.LOGISTICS@savethechildren.org].
The applications should be submitted in PDF format as one document comprising Technical and Financial sections as detailed below.
a) Technical proposal – including but not limited to :
· Consultants understanding of the assignment and context
· Approach to the assignment
· Key staff biodata
b) Financial proposal – providing a breakdown of all charges related to the assignment.
Applicants should also indicate the date they are available to start working on the consultancy
All applications MUST be submitted on or before the closing date below to be considered for the assignment.
|12||Closing date for Applications||Interested consultants shall submit their applications through the email address provided above on or before 4th January 2020
Shortlisted candidates will be requested for an interview.
|13||Terms of Reference (ToR)||Complete ToR with details appended below attached herewith as Annex 1.
ANNEX 1 : Consultancy Terms of Reference
Content Plan: OFDA & FFP Communication Content Gathering in Somalia
Timeframe: 15th January-2020
Title: Production of video documentary, photographs and collection of human interest stories for OFDA & FFP project in Somalia.
Save the Children has been working in Somalia for over 60 years, and has been implementing health, child protection, livelihoods and education interventions for over a decade. Our long history in Somalia has endowed Save the Children with a comprehensive understanding of the local context, experienced and skilled local staff, and established systems and procedures to effectively implement projects, often in an insecure or unpredictable operating environment.
As part of the advocacy and communication strategy to increase visibility and voices of its communities and partners, Save the Children intends to produce a number of communication materials to highlight key challenges children and their families face and the impact of the support they receive. To accomplish this, Save the children seeks to obtain the services of a competent consultant or firm that will produce the visual content ( videos, photos and stories) while working in close collaboration with ACCM team.
- Project objectives:
The main objective of the program is to save lives, alleviate suffering and maintain human dignity in communities experiencing humanitarian crisis or that are food insecure.
The program has the following sector specific objectives for OFDA;
- Health: Increased access to primary healthcare for affected families
- Nutrition: Increased access to interventions aimed at preventing, identifying and treating acute malnutrition among children and PLW
- WASH: Targeted children and families affected by drought have improved access to safe and adequate water and sanitation services and hygiene messages to reduce the risk of disease transmission
- Agriculture and Food Security: Protect productive assets among drought affected host and IDP communities.
- Economic Recovery and market systems: Restore productive assets and livelihood opportunities among drought affected resident and IDP communities
- Protection: Increased protection of children from harm, violence, exploitation and abuse
FFP project objective is to improve HH food security through increased access to food, ultimately increasing HH dietary diversity as well as reduce the use of negative coping strategies.
3.0 Call for consultancy services:
Save the Children invites bids from competent firms or individual consultants to submit their Expression of Interest for consultancy services to develop content on OFDA/FFP supported projects in Somalia.
4.0 Objective(s) of the assignment:
The objective of the assignment is to document (visual content – videos, photos and stories) the contribution of OFDA & FFP projects, implemented by Save the Children, in addressing the most immediate needs of Somali children and their families. The content will reflect the needs, on the ground, the lifesaving support families have received and the impact it has on their lives.
Specifically the aim is to:
- highlight the key issues and problems families face(d)
- they support/services the families received
- The impact the OFDA/FFP supported projects have had on the commununities.
5.0 Scope of Work:
To consultant bring the stories, images, videos and lives of the households, specifically children, and communities we work with to the forefront. This work must use the latest technology to explore the human experience and interaction with the project in order to build awareness on: This should be communicated in the words of beneficiaries, through their individual stories, linked together to tell one cohesive story that makes the larger picture vivid to an international audience. Children’s voices must be featured in the story line, bringing their experience to the forefront.
Specifically the consultant shall:
- Develop overall concept and scenario for case
- Develop the documentary script and story board to be used in filming and production of the documentary, case studies and case studies
- Conduct field visits of the project area and interview key stakeholders including benefeciries, local leader, government official and project staff
- Present a draft content to Save the Chidlren for review/comments.
- Incorporate the comment and produce final content
The content produced will be shared externally with community members, government, members and donors. It will also be used on the organization’s online platforms and website for information sharing and advocacy objectives.
The consultant will be thoroughly briefed on Save the Children’s child safeguarding requirements and will sign a child safeguarding policy prior to commencing work. While in communities and gathering footage, images and stories, the consultant will be required to inform all those captured visually of the intended audience for the final product and gain their permission (consent form) to use their moving or still image for this purpose.
6.0 Expected Deliverables / Outputs:
- One (1) 5 minutes long videos showing the context and the impact of the project through voices of beneficiaries, community leaders, Save the Children programme team and the government.
- At least four (4) videos of one minute duration highlighting individual stories of beneficiaries from the project and the impact of Save the Children and FFP project in target locations.
- Five (5) success stories/case studies written from first person point of view. All stories should show the impact of the project on targeted beneficiaries.
- Two feature stories for online platforms and possibly shared with media for republication and circulation
- 50 well edited and captioned photos in Jpeg format, clearly showing the location, activities undertaken by the subject, direct quotes of the subject or facts and figures about the intervention and the project.
Upon the completion of the assignment, the service providers should submit footage, photos and any other documents created within the assignment to Save the Children. This includes but not limited to original copies of the consent, project files in FCP or Adobe format and all text in word document version including transcript of interviews conducted during the assignment.
Final content procuced MUST follow Save the Children branding guidelines and meets the quality expectations of Save the Children.
7.0 Requirements / Selection Criteria:
- At least four years of experience in documentation, videography and photography production in development and humanitarian contexts.
- A strong creative vision and styling that appeals to a global audience, with experience in capturing and editing videography for international consumption.
- Samples of previous work undertaken by the consultant to as proof of creative vision and style.
- The consultant is expected to cover their own insurance costs.
- Ability to work at Save the Children offices in Mogadishu, as required to meet the expected deliverables listed below.
8.0 Activity Timelines:
The assignment will be carried out in for a period of 30 days, between January 16th to Feburay 17th 2020.
9.0 Reporting / Lead Persons:
The consultant will directly report to the Advocacy, Campaigns, Communication and Media Coordinator with support from the Communications and Media manager and/or Head of Advocacy, Campaigns, Communication and Media.
Selected consultant will travel across three area offices in Somalia namely Awdal region of Somaliland, Bari regions of Puntland, Bay and Hiran region of Southern States of Somalia.
11.0 Application procedure:
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- A technical proposal: Letter of Interest, stating why you consider yourself/your firm suitable
- for the assignment
- Firm/company profile on handling related assignment
- Personal CVs for individual consultant highlighting qualifications and experience
- Contact details of referees which shall be organizations for whom you have produced films
- or documentaries
- Financial proposal indicating consultancy fee and a breakdown of expenses (unit price
- together with any other expenses) related to the assignment.
- Both technical and financial proposal shall not exceed five pages
The deadline for the submission is 15th January-2020, insteresred companies to send their application through CSS.LOGISTICS@savethechildren.org with the subjectline of the email’ Production of video documentary, photographs and collection of human interest stories for OFDA & FFP project in Somalia.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
868 total views, 4 today