INVITATION TO BID FOR CONSULTANCY PROVISION OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR INDEPENDENT MONITORING OF CSSP PROJECT IN HARGEISA
- Job category: Tender/Bid/RFQ/RFP
- Post date:26 Sep 2019
- Share job:
INVITATION TO BID FOR CONSULTANCY PROVISION OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR INDEPENDENT MONITORING OF CSSP PROJECT IN HARGEISA.
ANNEX 1 : Consultancy Terms of Reference
CONSULTANCY FOR INDEPENDENT MONITORING OF CSSP PROJECT IN HARGEISA TOWN
For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children’s lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world’s largest independent child rights organisation, underpinned by a vision in a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organisation dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, and Collaboration. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.
Save the children International along with HAVOYOCO has been implementing a Child Sensitive Social protection project focused on to poor and vulnerable households in target IDPs communities. The overall objective of CSSP project is to reduce the poverty trends in deprivation and vulnerability among children of IDPs households in Sancaani, Sh. Omar and M. mooge camps. The project was established two different community structures. And these structure work with SCI as voluntary basis to undertake the key project trainings at the community level.
SCI and HAVOYOCO were trained those community structures particularly CWC and CSSP champions on Good parenting, Psychosocial support, social accountability training, life skill training and CSSP + SP trainings and the project is expected that the structures will deliver and transfer the knowledge to the community and beneficiaries as well.
To complete independent monitoring of Save the Children’s Child Sensitive Social Protection (CSSP) Project in Hargeisa, town. In order to enhance program quality and accountability to beneficiaries. The monitoring should give a particular attention to issues around the child grant and find out how this was operationalised at household level as well as issues of use, misuse and diversion.
Scope of work
The consultant will visit all project intervention sites San’ani, Sheikh Omer, Mahamed Moge, the consultant will then calculate the sample size from the project beneficiaries in the respective project sites in Hargeisa.
A: Program implementationAreas of focus of the consultant
Food Security and Livelihood
- Hold interviews with beneficiaries and non-beneficiaries and other stakeholders to
- Document the beneficiary selection process specifically community participation including women and marginalized groups in the selection and verification of beneficiaries.
- Document the process of selecting beneficiaries committees and establish the role of the committee members and SCI staff in the selection and verification of project beneficiaries.
- Assess the appropriateness of the targeting criteria, the extent to which it was followed and overall fairness of the process.
- Two approaches of targeting was employed, conventional targeting and child poverty and vulnerability mapping assessment which informed selection of beneficiaries. Hence, the consultant should assess the effectiveness, fairness and suitability of the two targeting approaches.
- Determine any issues related to the payment process or diversion of assistance. Diversion of cash through voluntary or involuntary taxation or forced contribution should be properly scrutinised and reported.
- Determine how the targeted communities have benefited from the unconditional cash transfers & Cash for work activities in their respective communities.
- Collect case studies from the beneficiaries to support the findings
Mobile cash transfer system:
- Determine how targeted project beneficiaries have benefited from the mobile cash transfer system in which they have received their unconditional and conditional cash payments.
- Gather general feedback from project beneficiaries between the advantages and disadvantages of using mobile cash transfer systems.
Accountability to beneficiaries
B: Information sharing
- Assess the extent in which the beneficiaries are informed and aware of key project information such as project objectives, activities, timelines, budget, expected results and targeted beneficiaries and criteria for selecting beneficiaries.
- Establish whether beneficiaries have been informed and are aware about opportunities/activities in which they can participate.
- Establish whether there is information that beneficiaries would like have about the project and its implementation but not getting are currently.
C: Complaint and response mechanisms: –
- Establish beneficiaries’ awareness of mechanisms through which they can give feedback or make complaints to SC. (how to complain or raise concerns about activities, what they can people complain about, who can complain to, how and where they can complain and issues of confidentiality).
- Assess the extent to which complaints mechanism has been accessible to the all beneficiaries including women, children and marginalized groups
- Assess the acceptance and level of confidence that beneficiaries have in the existing SC complaints response mechanisms
- Generate ideas for improving the existing complaint handling mechanism
- The independent monitor will review the extent in which the program stakeholders including children are participating in the implementation of the project
- Generate and Information about how beneficiaries including children would like to can participate in SC programs
- Collect qualitative data on the impact of the program including case studies that demonstrate change in the lives of children and their families.
- Collect the impact of the child grant to the children in focus in terms of improvement of their education, health and nutrition. An in-depth research is not needed, but HH interview on how they have used the cash and how it benefited to their children can suffice.
F: Program integration
- Hold interviews with beneficiaries to find out Level of integration with other ongoing Save the Children programs in their respected areas.
- Organize meeting with the respective village’s community structures to see if there is an overlap among SC programs/projects going on in the project supported areas.
Duration of the assignment
The duration of the assignment of third party monitoring will take maximum 10 days starting from contracting date.
The following outputs are expected of the consultant
- Detailed methodology and data tools
- 1 field monitoring reports of no more than 18 pages summarizing findings of the field monitoring and recommendations after every field visit.
- A set of pictures with GPS coordinates taken during the monitoring exercise shall be appended separately.
Management and logistics
- The consultant will be supervised by both SL MEAL Managers and FSL Program Manager
- The consultant will be responsible for organizing logistical issues with limited facilitation from SCI (Save the Children will provide all the logistics arrangement during the data collection exercise in the field) and as per the consultancy agreement.
Terms and Conditions
Professional Fee: The consultant will come up with his/her own rate, which will be subject to negotiation within the bounds of donor requirements and set standards of SC in Somaliland.
Application: Expression of interest should include:
- Technical proposal: brief explanation on the consultant’s previous experience in this kind of work, profile of the consultant, understanding on the TOR, the task to be accomplished and draft time plan on how the work will be done.
- Sample of previous work: The consultant will be expected to present previous sample of reports with similar work
- Financial proposal: the financial proposal should provide cost estimates for service rendered (Daily Consultancy Fees)
- Tax and Insurance: The consultant shall be responsible for his/her income tax and/or insurance during the assignment.
- Save the children will cover costs for data collectors, vehicle rent, venue and stationary.
Code of Conduct: Because Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to. The consultant is bound by the principles and conditions of Save the Children’s Code of Conduct.
A contract will be signed by the consultant before commencement of the action. The contract will detail terms and conditions of service, aspects on inputs and deliverables.
Location: The consultancy will take place in Hargeisa, Somaliland.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
666 total views, 1 today