IRE Teacher (Tarbiya teacher) – Heliwa, Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Education
- Post date:21 Jan 2021
- Share job:
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 135 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir Bay/Bakool Regoins.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below position.
Job Title: IRE Teacher (Tarbiya teacher) (1 Position)
As the Arabic & Islamic Religious Education is expected to greatly contributes to the intellectual, spiritual, moral and physical development of the leaners assigned to his/ her class. He /She thereby plays a critical part in preparing them for future life and independence. In this task, creative teaching methods must be employed to stimulate the leaner’s natural desire to learn and grow.
Direct Supervisor: Head Primary School
Key Area of responsibility:
- Maintains a positive degree of discipline inside and outside the classroom in order to create a safe, secure and appropriate environment for learning.
- Promotes a warm, supportive, non-threatening ethos in which the child finds learning enjoyable and stimulating, and in which respect and cooperation are emphasized.
- Conducts academic support programmes such as holiday classes, remedial classes and individual tutoring to meet the educational needs of each leaner.
- Provides individual attention to each child, monitoring their educational progress and taking appropriate corrective action as necessary
- Develops and implements homework programmes which may include project work, extra reading or other assignments.
- Prepares progress reports for each child as required by the Principal, detailing the child’s academic progress as well as overall development.
- Supervises extra-mural activities such as organized sports, clubs and academic competitions
- Performs administrative or other extra duties as required by the Principal, such as store keeping, producing the school magazine or organizing school events etc.
- Maintains all furniture and equipment within the classroom in good order.
- Behaves in an exemplary manner at all times acting as a role model for the leaners
- Prepares teacher professional documents and outlines in accordance with the curriculum guidelines or requirements of the school.
- Teaches lessons and facilitates or supervises a variety of non-academic activities which may include art, crafts, storytelling, sports, nature walks etc.
- Ensures all necessary preparations are made prior to each lesson.
- Arranges cultural activities to educate leaners in local culture and custom
- Involves leaners in the operations and maintenance of the school property
Qualification & Experience
- Must have a bachelor degree in education from recognized university with teaching subjects Arabic, Islamic Religion Education
- Must have taught Arabic & IRE in Somalia schools
- Must be able to communicate fluently in Arabic language
- Must have teaching experience of at least five (5) years
- Must be able to use ICT for teaching
- Must be acquainted with Somalia education curriculum and the general country education system
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities
- Knowledge of child growth and development is a requirement
- Have keen personal interest in the teaching professional
- Must have knowledge of class management skills and problem solving kills
- Having skills in handling children with special needs will be an added advantage to be able to deal with children with special needs
- Leadership skills will be an added advantage
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understands his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe.
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email email@example.com
Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 27th January, 2021
Competent Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1498 total views, 1 today