IT Systems Field Technician-Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: ICT/Technology/Computers
- Post date:3 Jan 2021
- Job expires in: 1 day
- Share job:
IT Systems Field Technician
Super Services is an IT company based in Hargeisa, Somaliland. The company offers an IT consultancy and help desk Support & Services to the SME businesses, non-profit organizations, and government agencies. With experienced technicians and consultants
Provides on-site and/or remote technology, CCTV and physical security support in an assigned area or locations. Installs and maintains in-house technology equipment, PCs, Thin clients, and in-store systems. Configures, diagnoses, repairs and upgrades hardware and equipment to ensuring its optimal performance. Consistently provides friendly, courteous customer service to internal and external customers. Perform other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer. Provide exceptional customer service with users by telephone, email, and in person.
- Work with end users to isolate and diagnose and repair technology related equipment.
- Install, configure, test, maintain and troubleshoot workstations, thin clients, network equipment, pc’s, printers, telephone equipment, cash terminals, wireless devices, access control devices and physical security hardware and similar technology.
- Understand data cabling, low voltage electrical, analog and IP based video cabling.
- Troubleshoots and diagnose data cabling issues as needed.
- Coordinate with 3rd party support and equipment vendors.
- Set up and configure CCTV system, LP office, cash handling areas and physical security of new store locations and remodels.
- Create documentation for new processes and procedures.
- Maintain an inventory of spare parts for all equipment serviced.
- Participate in discussions with vendors and contractors to secure products and services.
- Identify and deliver service according to acceptable standards.
- Make recommendations to IT management on the purchase of tools and utilities.
- Provide training on CCTV equipment to store management and newly hired LPAs.
- Serve as project resource for IT projects and onsite technical contact for systems team.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Associates degree in an IT related field OR equivalent education, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrating general knowledge of operating systems, computers, networks and CCTV hardware and software.
- Demonstrating strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Utilizing strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Performing tasks requiring manual dexterity in order to operate hand and power tools and other equipment supported.
- Efficiently prioritizing and executing tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrating initiative and self-direction.
- Consistently provide world class customer service to internal and external customers.
- Work effectively in a team-oriented environment while still being able to work independently with little supervision.
- Work professionally in an office environment with all levels of the organization and technical abilities.
- Prioritize and work well with a ticket reporting system.
- Read, understand, and follow instructions from technical manuals and documentation.
- Provide strong customer service skills.
- 24/7 on-call rotations to troubleshoot emergencies.
- Perform all tasks efficiently and accurately with confidentiality, honesty and integrity.
- Travel within a designated geographic area. May vary from minimal to extensive, depending on the needs of the company.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
How to Apply:
Forward a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating the role you are applying for to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 15 January 2021
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussions
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1807 total views, 19 today